Would you say

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by nForce, Apr 3, 2005.

1. b33p

b33p New Member

Could you state the owner of the gyms name and please dont google a name :D

Sounds like you have legs like Jason from Big brother... you only working upper body?
    How about you take a picture and we can settle this :D

2. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

Sonya and Eugiene own my gym, both have won mr and mrs universe before, and i train all parts of my body, i was giving you an example for my chest, and if i did have a cam i would happily solve this. I don't get it 200lbs for a 6ft 2" guy isnt loads

3. b33p

b33p New Member

Big lean muscles are

4. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

Do you go gym b33p you seem extremely misinformed.

5. b33p

b33p New Member

My garage is a gym so I see no need since I have all the equipment needed

6. Maverick

Maverick New Member

He's right, 200lbs isn't odd for a 6' 2" person, but 200lbs of lean body mass is.

Why don't you post chest/waist measurements etc.

7. b33p

b33p New Member

Just go in a photo booth and whip your shirt off :D

8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

230 pounds, cut, and only lifting 70kg? before I took a few months hiatus I was lifting about 70kg, and I weigh 143 pounds. that is almost 100 pounds less body weight, and only 5kg less barweight. so you are either

a)lying
    b) the most genetically non gifted person in the world

9. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

i said 200lbs fairly cut not 230,

Arms: 16"
    Chest:47"

cant be arsd doing anymore

10. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Pretty big chest. Nice one.

11. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Do you have very long arms? If so, that means you are probably disadvantaged in the leverage department. But if you want a bigger bench, do some bodyweight chest dips (or assisted dips if you can't do bw dips). They're great strength builders and also work a HUGE amount of muscles in your upper body (works pecs, tris, shoulders, traps to a certain extent, lats to a certain extent, if done on p-bars then your grip gets some work, and biceps actually get indirect work for stabilizing and all that stuff.) So my advice for you is (all are compound exercises, and pretty fun for me:D):

1) Squat
    2) Deadlift
    3) Pullups/Chins (hopefully weighted eventually)
    4) Dips (once again, hopefully weighted eventually)
    5) Bench
    6) Bent Over Rows

Forget all the isolation rubbish, if anything that can throw your balance of your body off (i.e. screwing up antagonist muscle groups like biceps and triceps or having an overdeveloped chest and underdeveloped back, which can cause posture issues, etc.) Yeah, so that's my advice. Work in the lower rep ranges (1-6) and do moderate to many sets (5-8) and that should help. Don't forget to stretch, stay on a program for about 4 weeks and see what happens. You don't need a gazillion exercises to blast your chest, one or two will work quite nicely. If I'm wrong someone jump on in and save me.:) Train smart, but also train hard.:)

12. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

at 200lb Lean Body Mass, you should be benching like 300lbs at the least. I think your bodyfat is much higher than you think it is. Also, how have you been training the last 3 years? I cant believe 3 years of training can give you so little gain.

13. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i didnt see the bit about training for 3 years. if thats the case, you are seriously overestimating the amount of muscle you have. maybe time for some cardio

14. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Man this guy is getting seriously run into the ground. Ha, I'm seventeen, 70 kg (abouts 150 pounds or something) and can bench 70kg about 6-8 times. I know I sound like a jock but I'm using myself as an example, also I've only trained for about 2 years, and half of one of those years I was seriously overtraining and training just plain wrong. I'm sorry but I seriously think you're overestimating yourself. But, the fog of forums might be making things a bit unclear so, what the hey.

15. Long_Distance_R

Long_Distance_R New Member

You should be benching your weight thats what :Alien:

16. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I second that call. We're not trying to insult you here mate, just being realistic!

17. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

I know, but my training partner is much the same strength except 197lbs, and is very cut. .

I think you all are missing something, bench is probably my weakest point, when i say training for 3 years, i started when i was 14 so i was hindered, and took about 7-8 months out and have been back training for around 2 months.

And as to thinking my bodyfat is alot higher, some 6t 3" guy who is naturally big built, being 200lbs cut isnt unrealistic, you have to take in that having long legs and arms hindering my bench considerable and squat.

18. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Well if it is muscle, then it's time to start working on strength more than anything else!

19. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Too much muscle with too little strength can be a problem.

20. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

Maybe they grow them better here in Idaho, but when I was 17 I was benching over 200 lbs (Over 90 kg) and my brother who is 17 right now can bench 250 lbs (113 kg). I was about 200 lbs (90 kg) back then, and my brother right now is only 180 lbs (81 kg). I guess people aren't very motivated to exercise where you live, or you just don't know very many people :D