World Strongman Competition

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by pgm316, Dec 30, 2005.

1. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

I think Kwan Jang would have something to say about that.

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

There's a lad on myprotein.co.uk forums who is a clean amateur bodybuilder and he said they use lie detectors for such purposes, as well as the very strict drug testing regimen.

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Guess mass amount of roids screw up the reliablity of the machines. :p

4. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

lol, sorry to burst the bubble but they use lie detector test and screening only in Natural bodybuilding shows.
    Mr Olympia-Night of the Champions etc are all drug test free.

Amateur shows are not screened unless it is a natural show...

why else would they have a natural bodybuilding show if there was no steroids in bodybuilding? ;)

i have read emails and articles from pros about what they used, seen first hand from an ex Mr South Britain what he did to get into contest shape and get to the size he was.

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

You're not bursting any bubbles with bodybuilders using steroids. As far as I understood Ad was talking about Strongman comp and the natural bodybuilders :confused:

6. Incredible Bulk

ahhh gotcha! crossed wires! :eek:

my mistake!! :p

natural bodybuilding is pretty much drug free, just not that interesting to watch... :D

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

since when is any bodybuilding interesting to watch? except maybe for the "OH GROSS LOOK AT THE VEINS BULGING OUT SICK" factor

8. Incredible Bulk

suprised nobody taught you the phrase "each to their own" ;)

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

That phrase is so true. I was on here for a couple of years, obssesed with fighting and never once ventured into this section! Finding weight training even more addictive now! :D

10. Incredible Bulk

i've been into weight lifting since i was 13 and i used to love watching powerlifting on Eurosport or Strongman.
    I do find watching bodybuilding shows a bit on the boring side but you have to take your cap off to the freaks who go where no man should go in terms of size and health risks.

good to know there are other members who weight train here :D

11. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Yes lots of big men! :D

There starting to worry about me at work, I've just printed this off

Big Food

Or maybe its because I don't actually work anymore......

12. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

love that site :D

while we are talking about foods, ive got a bit of a problem at the moment. my girlfriend has just started lifting properly (its SO cute :love: ) but has almost no protein in her diet. she doesnt like meat (bar chicken), fish or even cottage cheese :eek: is there any other good natural source of protein as she doesnt have the cash for a proper whey supplement at the moment.

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Maybe her boyfreind could buy her some whey protein?

:D

I don't really know much about veggie diets, but soya meat or those quorn meals :confused:

14. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

she isnt a veggie, just really unadventurous with food. i would love to buy her some whey but i have about £20 a week for the none essentials in life at the moment (rest goes on course fees, food, travel, books etc) so can barely afford my own whey. plus she puts going out for meals etc above training nutrition.

i thought of peanut butter but its like 30% protein, 20% carbs, 50% fat. and to get the proper amounts of protein she'd have to eat it by the bucket :D

15. Incredible Bulk

whey all the way!!! :D

16. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

Turkey, Chicken, Lentils, Nuts, Beans, Eggs, Most Dairy, Kangaroo, Beef, Lamb, Pork, Oats, Rice, Humous, Ostrich, Salmon, Mackerel, Shark, Swordfish, Prawns, Tuna, Crab, Wheat germ, ....

... and there's always that other good natural source of protein boyfriends usually try and feed to their girls as often as possible :D

Edit: Hey Taekwondo Guy, what's with the creatine hating going on under your user-name? Creatine is da BomB!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  17. Incredible Bulk

i stick to turkey/chicken and tuna for proetin sources... and a whey shake after a workout and just before bed :)

18. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yeah, I was actually referring to a natural BB comp when I mentioned the lie detector tests. I also never said that none of the strongmen are on juice, but you never know if they are or not. It is likely, but you can never say for definite.

19. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

When you look at the pic of Jesse Marunde, compared to the two guys at either side of him he looks much smaller. Legs and arms are half the size of theirs. If he used AAs you'd think he'd be bigger, being the world no 2 :confused:

20. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Not necessarily, Dominic Filiou was something like 402lbs and lost to Marius, a lot of Strongman is fitness and technique. And painkillers ;)