World Strongman Competition

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by pgm316, Dec 30, 2005.

1. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Watching these guys in competition is truly impressive, although I'd be more impressed if I knew they don't used steroids :confused:

Are steroids allowed in competitions and is there ways around it :confused:

[​IMG]

In an interview with Marius Pudzianowski (above) he was talking about his training. It sounds like he trains most days of the week, and often morning AND afternoon. With weights in the morning and strongman training in the afternoon. This sounds like a lot of training, unless your using steroids and a massive concoction of supplements...

2. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, most of them never used steroids nor think about using in the future. There are no specific tests for steroids, but they do test for other things, i'm not sure which ones. That guy btw was banned for a year or so for testing positive for something, not sure what. In my opinion that guys is on many many different substances, his workouts are crazy. 5 times a week, two times a day?
    I might be wrong.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  3. TheAngle

TheAngle Valued Member

Here is a kicker,
    he looks better than a few other guys there, BUT
    the other guys, who don't look that good, well they defeated him.

4. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Even if they are juicing it doesn't take away from their impressive display of power and strength.

Ten training sessions a week? Eh, sounds like a lot of the way our Eastern block athletes train.

5. JokerFMJ

JokerFMJ Valued Member

Can that man run without chafing the hell out of his thighs?

6. gutsglorydesire

gutsglorydesire New Member

I dont think he has tried yet , most of his life people have been running away from him .

But seriously , is that physique even possible without roids?let alone the strength

7. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Sure, Frank Zane had a great physique and is drug free. And check out Skip Lacour.

And keep in mind that guys like Arthur Saxon and Gene Sandow were performing feats of strength that many of our strongmen of today can't touch and roids weren't even a thought up word at this point.

8. Gray

Gray New Member

Eww. He looks like a fried chicken.

9. Unisonus

Unisonus Bloody Rare, Please

Yeah they are really strong and big, and train hard - so they must be using steroids. :rolleyes:

10. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

No you are not allowed to use steriods, though there are ways around it.

Every steriod has a length of time before it leaves your system and thus cannot be detected. Bodybuilders know these cycles like the back of their hand.

Unisonus err, yes. How many bodybuilders do you think use roids. I'm willing to bet a vast majority. Its just too hard to compete against people that juice when you dont. It takes amazing commitment and genes to get massive without some substance abuse.

However, stay the hell away from roids. My mate has been using them for the past year. He is HUGE, he is STRONG, but he also has bitch ****, and his muslces are half water. :eek:

11. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

When it comes to 'substances' and strongman comps, it is essential. Lets face it, jack wouldnt be considered the strongest man in the world if bob down the road a stronger because he juiced it.

The title for worlds strongest man is just that.

12. NaughtyKnight

When you enter competative bodybuilding at a very high level, then you have to accept everything that comes with it. Massive amounts of roids and other supplements is just part of the game.

No matter if they are on roids or not, they are still amazing specimens of human achievment. Juice or not, its very very very hard to put that amount of muscle on and maintain it.

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

But he's won every competition I've seen him in! :D

Surprisingly fast, I think its true what they say about powerlifters being faster over a short distance than sprinters.

There should be alternative with "Worlds Strongest Roid Free Man", might not be as good to watch though...

14. NaughtyKnight

People would cheat and take roids in that aswell. All bodybuilding competitions are "roid free".

15. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I still havent found good evidence of powerlifters being faster than sprinters, at the mexican olympics. Sprinting training would of changed. Sprinters spen a lot of time getting technique perfect which i doubt powerlifters do.

16. NaughtyKnight

I really doubt that powerlifters sprint faster than sprinters. Thats abit of an oxymoron is it not.

17. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

LOL!:D

In the other forums here at MAP we have Muay Thai V.S. Wing Chun or the infamous Grizzly Bear V.S. Giant Squid... and of course Bruce Lee V.S. anything and everything that has ever existed....:bang:

but here in H&F forum you guys have...

Powerlifter's V.S. Sprinters

:p

18. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Mariusz is a 3-time WSM winner (2002, 2003, and 2005). He was disqualified in 2004 for testing positive of a banned substance. (whoopsy). So, from what I've heard, the issue of steroid use is pretty much a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. So I'm guessing that any testing is done under less-than-stringent conditions, much like pro bodybuilding.

19. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

There was some posts on here about it a while back, how mythical is it?

The lifters may have the strongest legs but they will lack the technique :confused:

20. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

when a bunch of powerlifters come in and start muscling the competition on the track and field events, the notion of powerlifters sprinting faster than sprinters might get a blip on the common sense radar. until then it is firmly rooted in hilarity and bovine excrement.