workoutworkout sucks check my routine.help me with it

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by lameasswastaken, Nov 5, 2005.

1. lameasswastaken

lameasswastaken New Member

I ve been doing mma for like two months and i go too an mma gym thing four times a week for 3-4 hours and i weigh 190lbs and am average build. its pretty good conditioning but everyone there does weight traing outside of it.Some of the fellows there weigh 195lbs and look like bodybuilders and would destroy me just out of there retarded size. I thought muscle weights more than fat..im not fat or anything but the size comparision even though our weights the same is nuts.
    one of the huge guys said getting muscular period. is all in your genes and it takes years of training and he says he lifts like 7 days a week. hes also said plenty of professional heavy weight boxers today don't weight train but ud never know ..its all just cause there genetic freaks..i wanna get in better shape
    im usually so exhausted but i do my best
    i don't have access to a gym but i have freeweights and a bench. any one know a good workout i could do or any exercises theyed recommend avoiding squats and olympic lifts..i dont' like dealling with loading on heavy dangerous weight.
    anyone know a good workout i wanna build muscular indurance and strength, i don't wanna be huge just cut..good fighitng shape,i want fuctional strength but looks too(i sound like a jackass,sorry)
    any help would be appreciated
    some exercsies ive come up with are
    running a 1-5 miles
    flat bench
    incline bench
    lots of ab stuff
    lots of push ups
    all the types of pull ups
    dumbbell snatches
    dumbbell swings
    military press
    squats and lunges holding 45/plates
    barbell curls
    tricep extentions
    and heavy bag work
    can anyone help me with some stuff im missing and how i could put this into a fuctional plan where i would overtrain or undertrain
    please
    thanks

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I'm afraid you aren't going to get very far then! There isn't a great deal you can do with weights if they aren't heavy enough.

If you don't have access or don't want to use weights, check out some of the bodyweight threads on this forum. However, you won't get the same kind of strength gains as if you used weights properly. Getting big is not all down to genetics and working out 7 days a week, it's down to proper planning, regular training and eating. It can be twice or 3 times a week and you can easily gain.

3. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

Well, lets see. First choose some days a week you want to workout on. You will have one of the following:

1. Two days a week. This will most likely be too little or it might be enough, depending on work ethics.
    2. Three days a week. This is most likely to work best for you.
    3. 4 days a week. Now your pushing it.

Then choose a few exercises with the following parameters:

1. They work more then one joint.
    2. They allow you to use heavy dangerous weights.

Then arrange them in a fashion where your squats come first in a workout (you did choose squats didnt you? Good.) and then work your way to the smaller exercises. If you have done this you have on of the following:

1. ~3 exercises per session or less. This will be undertraining
    2. ~5 exercises per session. This will most likely be optimal.
    3. ~7 exercises or more. This is overtraining.

Now we choose some rep and set parameters. If you have a 20 side dice and a four side dice, these will be excellent. Throw each one once for every day you work out. The 20 side die will be your reps and the 4 side die will be your sets.

If your sets are more then 2, then vary the weight on each set. For example you rolled 17 and 4 on a day you do rows. Then start out with, say, 60kg and crank out 17, then 62,5 for set 2. Etc.

Now, once every week, you roll the dice again.

And there you go, a perfectly good beginners routine ready in 10 minutes. After a couple of weeks, you may find you want to change the number of days or the number of exercises. If that is the case, do so. Find out what works best for you.