workout routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MrTQ2001, Dec 3, 2003.

1. MrTQ2001

MrTQ2001 New Member

what's the best workout routine i can do for crosstraining with kickboxing, taikwando, and BJJ.

2. hafer34

hafer34 New Member

-roadwork
    -stretching for muay tai and taekwondo
    -focus mitt routines
    -heavy bag (stick to basic combinations)
    -lots of grappling and sparring
    -rope jumping/footwork drills
    -weight training
    I would look at your workout as being 4 ranges of combat. First start your workout with kicking attacks and your long range weapons( encorporating your taekwondo), then move to punching range (using your kickboxing), then move into to trapping/clinch range ( using your elbows and knees from kickboxing) , then finally end up with your takedowns and ground work ( using your BJJ). Good luck, just an idea. Just work with all these on equipment such as heavy bag, topbottombag, and focus mitts. Also work on the ranges when sparring.

3. MrTQ2001

MrTQ2001 New Member

alright now that i've got that, what kind of weight lifting routine should i do. such as exercizes and reps, etc.

4. hafer34

hafer34 New Member

-Bench press 2 sets of 10 reps (for upperbody striking)
    -squats 2 sets of 10 reps ( for kicking strenght)
    -a tricep exercise ( close grip bench, triceppulldowns, dips,ext)
    now over half-way down with your workout go work on your abbs as hard as you can. Its the most important body part you can work, abbs are the center of all motion not to mention getting hit there.
    -shoulder press, military press, or lat pulldowns.
    -calf raises (explosive jumping, kicking)
    -arm curls ( punching/eblow power)
    For three weeks I would lift twice a week concentrating on going slow down then exploding the weight up in a controlled manner to work on your fast-twitched muscle fibers so you can kick and punch faster and explode until your oppenent is on the ground. The 4th week I would max out and lift heavier weights such as reducing your exercises to 3 sets of 4 or 5 etc. This will give you power and strength. Good luck man!

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

-shoulder press, military press, OR lat pulldowns?

Different muscles groups!

My full body routine...

Squats
    Deadlifts (sometimes power cleans)
    Bench press or dips
    Chins or Lat pulldown
    Shoulder press

Several variations of each of those but that's about it.
    Triceps / biceps work on occasion.

6. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

How about a routine for explosive power?

Hanging clean to squat thrusts: Start in a deadlift position, jerk up and catch the bar, squat, and then explode up into a shoulder press 3 sets of 5

Pull up pyramid: As high as you can go, and weight yourself when it gets easy.

Benchs-- Incline to flat: 3 sets of 5 GO HEAVY.

Squat jumps: Jump out of a squat. To failure.

Include your favorite abs and lower back exercises, and you are good to go.

7. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

My full body routine...

Squats
    Deadlifts (sometimes power cleans)
    Bench press or dips
    Chins or Lat pulldown
    Shoulder press

Several variations of each of those but that's about it.
    Triceps / biceps work on occasion.

Hallilulya!!!!!!!!!!! Basic compound movements. The way weights are meant to be lifted.

8. YODA

Amen :D

9. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

Go with Yoda's routine. It will get you big and strong in as little as three months! I would even say that you should have done this routine three months before entering a formal school.

Remember that weight training is a means to an end. The practice of an actual skill is the best way to guarantee proficiency.

10. seraphyne1

seraphyne1 New Member

check the workout of the day by crossfit.com. They do not take long but you benefit greatly from it. I was once reluctant to start, but 2 month ago I gave it a try and now I condemn myself that I did not start earlier. I can't do all the exercises as I do not have that much equipment but then I make my own exercises for that particular exercise.
    But check it yourself you love it or you hate it, some do not like it but I certainly do. You should aslo check wigy's site (www.workingclassfitness.com)

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Wow! My weight routines almost exactly the same as the Yodsters!

I'm doing something right for a change! :D

WOO WOO!

12. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Crossfit ROCKS

13. YODA

Crossfit is an excellent resource - however the people there can be very "Elitist" and dissmissive of anything that doesn't match their viewpoint.