What physical feats should a *woman* be able to do?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Microlamia, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Frodo's new sig?

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

The 'above and below brown belt' categories are split into weight groups, but I think a lot of the time they have to merge these anyway.

Well you got the 'freak of nature' part right anyway!

Most definitely. I'm a bit torn though - I really like my old signature!

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Nah. I've not seen your "little fella" but for scale I'd say it'd be nearer pushing out a marble. Considering full dilation is 10 cms an avocado isn't that much smaller than a baby itself.
    Plus you have the added factor that "lady parts" are actually designed to push stuff out of where willy's are not.
    I'm not saying child birth isn't painful. Just I don't like innacurate comparisons. :)

Carry on.

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

am I the only one with a sudden urge to cross his legs in this thread? Jesus...

5. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

This is the most important bit. I don't doubt it is hugely painful, but the body is designed to perform this function. Unless the urethra can expand (under pressure) to the size of an avacado then this is an inaccurate comparison.

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

OK, no more talk about willys, vaginas, avocados, melons, peas, or the squeezing of said objects out of aforementioned bodyparts please.

Back on topic!

7. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Sorry

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Ewwww, KE change the subject change the subject.......

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Had a PT this morning that directly related to this topic.... bear with me through this somewhat long winded bit...

My client is a woman who is 36 year old female. She is what I would call naturally strong. But she runs a large international fashion company now and that means long hours at the office. The joys of modern life.

So... I'm running her through my somewhat typical program for those that are somewhat de-conditioned for several weeks now... she trains with me three times a week a one hour workout followed by an hour long swim. The swim is not all that strenuous... more to cool down. The weather in August in HK makes working outside a tough go... example from today follows

Hong Kong weather today:
    30°C
    Current: Partly Cloudy
    Wind: SW at 13 km/h
    Humidity: 79%

to contrast and compare that:

Los Angeles weather today:
    15°C
    Current: Clear
    Wind: N at 0 km/h
    Humidity: 73%

London weather today:
    21°C
    Current: Cloudy
    Wind: SW at 29 km/h
    Humidity: 68%

So as you can see... August in these parts is an absolute sweat box. It definitely adds to the intensity of the workout. So the phrase 'warm up' in most of my outdoor training sessions is largely redundant. In fact it's become some what a joke for most of my clients as they tend to show up dripping with sweat already.

At any rate... I tend to drive my clients through their workouts. I like to pressurize them into getting the most out of an hour. I throw in the 1 min. rests here and there... but when the clock is running they damn well better be making large pool of sweat. If form is off it doesn't count and they redo it... if their breathing is held or they're not conscious of it... it doesn't count... I expect them to get it all right... all the time. Everything must be done with attempts at perfect form and considered breathing...

They're not paying enough to let them slack... even if they were I'm sure as hell not going to waste an hour of my life standing by while someone does a half ass job of a workout. They usually walk away with a mixture of reactions/feelings... wrecked, relieved and energized/inspired - in that order.

I have an excellent client retention rate and the majority of my clients are from word of mouth. They all make good changes in body composition and strength - as well probably the single most important thing... they walk away each time with a little bit better understanding of what they are capable of. Hopefully (and I believe they do) they walk away from each session stronger AND smarter.

Ok... to get to my point.... after the first week of having her work many variations off rows with resistance bands... and towel rows etc... here at the second week I've started to get her onto assisted chins from a dead hang. I provide the assist and she goes for sets of 4. Her focus is to bring her elbows down to her side and the bar to her collar bone. She now rocks out 3 sets of 4 assisted chins with very little assist. She now can see the day when she can rock out totally unassisted chin ups. Whereas when she started she didn't think it was ever going to be possible....

With a little bit of preparation and encouragement women should be able to get to a point where chin ups are possible. Ok that took a lot of typing to get to the point... but hopefully it underscores that with some prep and some 'greasing the groove' (to borrow a phrase) females can rip out chins.

Made all the more impressive by the fact that most of the guys I see training outdoors can't rip out chins with any sort of form. Yet most of those clowns would be the first to scoff at the idea of a female knocking out chins.

10. Moi

(it's September Slip)

11. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

lol... pedant... yes but I she trained through the hottest month here which is generally August. Though September hasn't cooled off all that much and we've gotten insane amounts of lightning.

12. Moi

Yu must get a buzz as your customers improve. Rewarding job that