What not to do...?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by TheCount, Jun 19, 2007.

1. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Can I just point out that Mike Tyson did 500 situps a day as well.

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

He did more than those though, lots more. Plus he ate enough often enough to match the exercise he was doing.

3. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

nice bloated midsection you get when you slack off the diet though, water retention matched with a over developed abdominal wall can lead to what is known as a bodybuilder's gut.

britney spears had one, she was doing like 1000 sit ups a day

4. vingaard

vingaard New Member

I have seen Tyson speak about his 25 hundred sittups a day.Thats make 2500.. :)

5. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Was just pointing out it isn't necessarily something not to do, just there are better ways.

What you are referring to at the start is tended to be caused by excessive human growth hormone use/abuse:GH Gut. Growth hormone causes your organs (your muscles but unfortunately your intestines namely) to increase in size and thickness which means that you have an abnormally huge trunk.

Haven't heard situps causing it

6. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

The gut that britany spears has is due to overly developed abdonminals, coupled together with a layer of fat. It makes her midsection has thick as a tree trunk.

7. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

GH can be a cause for a large midsection, but it takes quite a lot to get to that point. The far more likely cause is too much focus on the midsection, causing the appearance of a larger gut when a layer of fat is added. It's why a lot of people fail at dieting, they're losing weight but they're waist measurements are inconsistent because of all the situps they're doing to 'tone up their stomach'.

8. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

No, what i am referring to is what i stated, too much focus on ab training in the belief that more = better.
    Overdeveloped abs + a layer of bodyfat or even water retention can make the midsection of anyone look like a gut.

its is common in bodybuilders who are even not on GH, but more prevailent in those who do dabble with the hormone.

9. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Wonder what his posture was like?