What cardio do YOU do?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by SidTheSloth, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Oh yeah, he lives up the street. See him every day, walking his little white dog....

For the past few weeks my knee's been hurting like hell! Can't run, can't do stairs, can't jump....anyone got some other cardio ideas I can do without straining my knee??

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If you have access to one, a speed bag.

3. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

i used to box, but don't anymore. just started thai boxing a couple months ago though. i train in powerbuilding 4 times per week, as i want to compete in strongman comps in the future, but i still do a fair amount of cardio cos i just love it!

I run 3 times per week. a 3-5 miler (depends how i feel, i do 3 miles in around 18-19 mins or 5 miles at pace in around 40) hill sprints, and the steps circuit at the stadium. (6 blocks of stairs with 6 sets of 10 steps in each block, and i do 10 circuits. there are 4 disabled access ramps at the far end of the steps and i jog up these to get my breathe back between circuits.)

i also do circuit training, cylcling/swimming, and boxing drills (though not as much anymore, as i'm attending thai boxing twice per week now so thats pretty much replacing boxing but we do similar drills on the pads/bags) and tabata workouts and barbell/dumbell complexes on squat/deads day.

4. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Oh and a 'bergen walk' once per week, up on the hills. 16 miles with a 45lb backpack in around 3 and a half hours.

5. redsonjia

redsonjia Valued Member

i just run and cycle 40 mins i hate cardio.. cause it is boring for me. I wish i was as pumped up as you all but er yeah :D

6. Iam

Iam Valued Member

Outside of class, I don't do much ... Sundays, I take part in a "Total Training" class ... but that's usually more anaeorbic. I had been trying to do a weekly run on Saturdays (4km on the treadmill - not much I know) followed by an hour or more of weights interspersed with stretching, but I've just started Hapkido classes twice a week (is the plan at least), so am going to rest Thursdays & Saturdays.
    Someone mentioned "Body Combat" - I had been doing that too, that's out in favour of the Hapkido, but I always found that very good aerobically.
    Fun watching people try to punch & kick air so badly they almost miss too :)
    If I had more time/a body 20 years younger, uninjured, & 200% more buff, I'd like to do more running. Painful & boring doing it, but satisfying when it's over.