Train your Brain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KICKBOY, Jul 18, 2006.

1. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

I’m packing for a holiday to the shore of North Carolina, (about 3 hours by car from my home). I know a gym in the area and I don’t plan to miss any workouts. One addition to my packing list is a book I have wanted to read.
    Last night at Karate class my instructor gave us some exercises to workout our brain. I don’t mind the physical stuff but the brain needs stimulation too (IMO). I want to share some things he asked us to do,
    1. Cut down on the television, this goes for the computer screen too. The flash effect of the screen has been shown to have a negative effect on the brain if watched for extended periods. If you are going to watch some tube pick something educational.
    2. Play memory games, walk into a room and look at what everyone is wearing and walk out, then see if you can remember what each person is wearing. When you walk out of a store pick a section of the parking lot and quickly determine the number of cars then count them to see if you were right. If you are a student you have many opportunities. It may improve your scores. We that are students of MA have a plenty of things we need to remember.
    3. Read books if you give up the tube (for the most part) you will have extra time; fill it with learning positive information.

I hope everyone has a great positive week, with so many negative things going on around us at this critical time in history we as MA need to balance things with positive energy. Tang Soo KICKBOY

2. wynnema

wynnema Valued Member

you're a bit too deep for me.

3. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

i really suck at all that mental concentration stuff, if someone told me not to watch tv, i'd be watching it 24/7