Top 3 Circuit Exercises

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Princess Haru, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

i tried it after everything today (pulling and pushing day) and it was tougher than expected with 30kg for 5 x 5 with 1 minute between sets. the main bit i didn't like was coming behind the neck for the back squat. it was a bit clunky and the bar path passed so close to the back of my head on one rep it scared me a bit. i didn't like the bar hitting the back of the shoulders near the neck much

2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

I tend to think of myself as a relatively fit powerlifter rather than an relatively out of shape grappler and boxer :hat:

3. Princess Haru

an unintended consequence of doing 'the Bear' yesterday (apart from some additional attention from the guys) was the recurrence of medial epicondylitis, so I probably won't be repeating it. shooting pain last night before bed, luckily it seems to have gone with sleep, and hoping it doesn't affect my Judo later.

back to proper Circuit exercises

4. zibafu

zibafu Valued Member

what the heck is a pushup sit through ?

Anyone find a video of one, since searching that on youtube doesn't really seem to find anything for me

5. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Sit-through:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2NRUqkH_I"]Tacfit BodyWeight Exercise - Sit Thru Progression - YouTube[/ame]

You can figure it out from there.

6. zibafu

zibafu Valued Member

ahhhh, I wondered what that was called that he does at a minute in, I do it myself but try to have the torso pointing upwards when it "peaks" so I am guessing you're just doing a pushup, then that, then another pushup, then the other side etc ?

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Haru - stretch your arms and dig/massage the epicondyle and surrounding tissues till the pain and tightness subsides and then massage the areas vertically/across the length of the muscle body. that should sort it out if you do that a few times a week

8. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

my dogs fat, could i substitute her for the tyre flips

9. Princess Haru

You wouldn't get the same range of motion lift (even if your dog was 300-600lbs, which in itself would be a bit worrying). It's like comparing an Atlas stone lift to platform with a Deadlift at comparable weights

10. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

...Unless you were heaving your dog over a gate or something...

On to a soft landing surface of course! What do you think I am, some kind of monster?

11. Princess Haru

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. :D

Dog training (if indeed it exists within strength training) would likely be more comparable to Sandbag training, but with the added element that your Sandbag is unlikely to bite or poo on you.

12. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

my dogs heavier than my sandbag, and im allergic so she's safe