This is just insane.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

If the stuff olympic gymnasts could do was so easy, there'd be loads of "self taught" gymnasts tearing it up at the olympics. 'nuff said.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

'nuff said does not win a discussion. I did not say it was easy. I said each is great in it's own right.

Proffessionals will allways be better than amateurs, but there is stuff in the video's posted professional gymnasts could not do.

3. Master Betty

Theres stuff in these videos that olympic gymnasts couldn't do, i agree with you. but do I think that's because they're physically incapable of it? no, it's because they haven't had anywhere near as much practice at that sort of thing. I've met (and trained) with some very good gymnasts who could do the sort of thing that was posted in the original video with no problem.

4. Achilles NZ

Achilles NZ Valued Member

Tall poppy syndrome is everywhere.

5. iammartialarts

iammartialarts Banned Banned

lol lots of hard work and some unfavourable steroids more like it

6. Master Betty

I trained alongside a couple of Olympic gymnasts and my brother still does and I can assure you that they at least had no experience of roids in the sport. The chinese and russians were famous for it however - dont know if they still are.

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

You gonna back that up with any evidence?

Just cos you can't do it doesn't mean anyone who can is juicing.

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

:bang: You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you?!

9. iammartialarts

no lol i was talking about the ghetto workout
    in 1 of his videos it said he did theres like 30 videos on him on youtube look at them

10. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

You wouldn't look like that even if you did take steroids, Barber.

11. iammartialarts

lol ya i would if i worked out for size, its not too difficult to put on mass , i choose not too specifically to get big muscles , and that picture of me is when i turned 16

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I think what Stuart means is that even if a person was to get on the juice... they wouldn't look like the guy in the vid. He's not got your stereotypical roid physique.

13. iammartialarts

he looks like he does compound and sport specific/functional movements... on roids

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

lol ya i would if i worked out for size,

You'd probably need a few sessions on a sunbed too. :)

15. iammartialarts

lol than id be as bright as this smiley face.:mad:

16. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Saying someone's on steroids right off the bat when you see them do something impressive is usually that person's way of attempting to boost their own ego when they see someone do something they can't even fathom doing.

I put on over 60 pounds in five years of weight training and I've been asked a few times if I took steroids. I don't even use protein supplements. I just busted my butt.

17. iammartialarts

actually after me and my friends first saw this we started doing them to and we can do a lot of them, i stil cant do the parkout one where you hold onto tree or something with arms and suspend legs up and suspending body up while on vertical bar

these are cool workouts the ones where you have to use your core ive been working out absolute strength for 30 min and than just core strength 30 min with different things like windshield wipers and such.

18. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

You're also much smaller than these guys, which does make body weight exercises easier. These guys are relatively heavy and still do impressive feats.

19. iammartialarts

i thought you always kept saying that bigger muscles = more strength (i dont believe) and these guys have very low bodyfats.

20. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If you weigh 130 pounds and do a pull-up, and another guy weighs 200 pounds and does a pull-up, who has moved more weight and thus demonstrated more strength? To do the equivalent you would need to strap 70 additional pounds on your body and do a pull-up to match.