The (Hopefully) Once-And-For-All Steroid Discussion

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Durkhrod Chogori, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

I couldn't agree more. I wish the pro-steroid guys here could take a step back & realise they sound just like any other junkies discussing their fix's & comedowns. I suppose they are just so caught up in the whole scene thay don't realise just how seedy the whole thing comes across as.

As I said before, the talk is the same kind of stuff you get in a methadone clinic.

What worries me more is the veneer of social acceptability. Oh, they're only steroids..... :D

What's wrong with plain & simple hard work?

2. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

in competitive and professional bodybuilding it will only get you so far, i.e. not far enough.

to a lesser extent, its the same reason professional athletes and sportsmen take them. the desire to win outweights the moral dimension of fair play.

also i dont think anyone on this forum actually uses. so the 'junkie talk' isnt quite accurate.

3. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

And, if I follow your reasoning from all of your posts before that makes it alright to use then ? Also, not all professional athletes use them (and if they do they get caught and their medals removed, which by clear logic would indicate that achieving your goal through normal methods aka hard work is legal and the right way) for example, in F1 no driver has been tested to have used drugs so in fact that isn't an excuse.

There is a reason they are governing bodies for sports: The reason being that the decision whether doing something is fair or not isn't in the hands of the competitor but an outside body. If it was in the hands of the competitors I could imagine everyone would be doing steroids.

Christian

4. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

either no one should use them or they should be made optional. they are the only two ways to create a fair playing field. at the moment they are 'banned'. the inverted comas are because they are still in wide use in the athletic and sporting community (i dont know enough about F1 to comment). see barry bonds (baseball star about to equal babe ruths record) for a current example.

now im not saying steroids SHOULD be used, just that if they are (which they are!) then the option should be open to all sportsmen to create that level playing field.

5. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Gajah Silat I find it quite amusing how you've been so evangelically outspoken about steroid use on this thread only to admit that

Beautiful way to fall flat on your face :D

6. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Why Maverick, are you referring that he actually knows
    some on here ? *hint* ;) :D

Christian

7. Gajah Silat

Evangelical :D

One man on a lone crusade...... :D

Jeez Maverick, you are soooo uptight. Must be hormonal.

Do you guys get PMT?

Come to think of it do you ever get morning sickness on the HCG? Over emotional? Cravings?

Think of the effect HCG has on pregnant women ;)

8. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

:D

Attached Files:

9. Gajah Silat

Aw c'mon, how about that comic book hero physique :D

Attached Files:

10. Vigilance

Vigilance Valued Member

I don't think anyone here is "PRO" steroids. But will the all the BS and flat out wrong statements in your posts its very hard to resist arguing just for the sake of arguing.

There seem to be alot of people here that formed their opinions based on some report they saw on the evening news. I doubt many people here have any real knowledge of how steroids work, or have any business discussing their advantages and disadvantages. I also doubt that half the posters in this thread have ever even set foot in a gym.

11. Gajah Silat

No, not the evening news, but from genuine medical evidence & from seeing what happened to a friend after involvement with steroids!

And yes I have set foot & used to train in a gym, albiet a very small one that was part of an amateur boxing club :rolleyes: It wasn't one of these expensive McGyms rhough.

Other than that, what more can I say? If people are in denial of the potential hazzards that's their choice.

And for anyone that uses HCG, go on buy a pregnancy test. Proof of the pudding as they say....

12. Vigilance

Vigilance Valued Member

Now you are starting to make sense. I don't remember reading anywhere in this thread were someone said steroids were perfectly safe and that everyone should use them. Of course they are not "safe", no one believes that they are. But there are many precautions you could take to make them "safer" (or less deadly, if you like that better) and help minimize and potential side effects. Not everyone that take steroids goes bald and get zits. Just look at Arnold.

Don't recall anyone saying they were on HCG.

13. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

I don't need to see news reports on steroids. I have known people that used them and died young. I played sports with them. They are dead. They used steroids. That is cut and dried facts. No debate. Did they use it "sensibly"? Obviously not. They used steroids to improve performance which is not sensible.

I don't need to know the mechanics of how steroids works to know what they do. They give you an advantage in sports. Why else take them? I also know that long term use has been cited as a contributing cause of death for way too many people. You also have a person here that is in the medical field who has discussed the specifics and cited the long list of medical studies and reports. That doesn't sound like the nightly news report. That is cut and dried facts for you.

Sure, you have some people taking steroids here that think they are ok and say that they know tons about it. But when they are 15-22 years old, have they had 10 years of use? No. So how much do they really know about long term effects? Not anything if they think that they can ignore all the medical experts that say the long term effects are likely to kill you.

You say that half the posters haven't set foot in a gym? It is interesting to note that most of the people posting that steroids are ok are kids. How much weightlifting have they done? I hit a 400lb bench before most of them were born. I have lifted for more years than most most of them have been alive. And I am willing to bet that many of the posters saying that steroids are a bad idea have far more time in a gym than the kids that think steroids are ok.

14. Gajah Silat

It was you brought up the HCG :confused:

Neither have I said they are totally unsafe, but I think people are underestimating the longer term future effects. Only time will tell.

15. Vigilance

Vigilance Valued Member

I brought it up as a preventative measure for testicular atrophy, I never suggested I was taking it.

16. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

I never suggested I was taking it. ;) ;)

To be honest, anyone that is vociferous in their support of how safe steroids are and is extremely knowledgeable on the mechanism for the cycling of the drugs and all the other drugs to counter the side effects would be suspect for having used them.

As punisher said:

With the posts made on this thread, I think the likelihood is that some of the people supporting the use of steroids are likely using steroids.

17. Vigilance

Vigilance Valued Member

Did you even read this thread? Where did I say that steroids were safe? Or anyone else for that matter.

So by your logic Gajah Silat must be using steroids as well.

18. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

When multiple conditions are listed in a sentence and you choose to only single out one and apply it as if it was the only condition, you show that you are either twisting the person's words or you failed to comprehend them. Which is it?

Look, we all know cases of where people have smoked cigars and cigarrettes until their 80's. A prime example is George Burns. Does anyone realistically think that smoking is a good choice for their health? Likewise, not everyone that uses steroids is going to die. But anyone that thinks that using anabolic steroids purely for improving athletic performance is a good choice is being just as unrealistic as the person who thinks that picking up smoking is a good health choice. The majority of people that choose to smoke will have some health problems because of it even though they thought it would never happen to them.

19. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

So? What relevance is that to arguing about the effects of steroids? If anything, wouldn't that mean they have first hand experience with the effects, or a lack of effects?

Using steroids isn't good, but in that sense, a lot of things aren't good for you as well, especially when abused/misused. It doesn't matter who uses steroids, and who doesn't. It doesn't matter what their effects are. It doesn't matter how much information people can throw out in a ****ing match. What matters is what YOU (as in the general population) decide to do, take, etc. Don't want to do steroids? Mmmmk, that's fine! Wanna do 'roids? Knock yourself out! Everyone makes a decision, and ultimately, no matter how much info you have, you're going to make a descision based on what you want. That's how I see it.

20. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Us guys what? Please quote anyone saying they use steroids or HCG or anything of the sort.

Can you behave any more childishly? Perhaps you'd like some test so you can hit puberty mate.

Since you have admitted you don't even know anyone who uses steroids and don't even go to a gym, you've basically spent half the thread trolling and throwing insults at AAS users despite not having a clue about the issue whatsoever. Even though this is the internet it is nice to have some respect for people you talk to. Perhaps you would like to try going to a gym, finding a 'roidie' and telling them they are a moon-faced, spotty, meathead. After all your testicles are so mahoosive (even without HCG) that this should be no problem for you and you will be able to handle the repercussions of being so ignorant and rude to someone face to face.

Last edited: May 1, 2006