Some Sick Sikh Training

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JKMann, Dec 13, 2011.

1. JKMann

JKMann Valued Member

Next time you want to add some variety and intensity to your training:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sza8krRT7qo"]Viendra Sharma - Detroit - Warrior or Wacko? Indian Talent Show Contestant - YouTube[/ame]

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Looks like some hola mohalla crazy demos.

silly to do for hopes of money.

3. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Great stuff - real entertainment in the old (and I mean old) circus strongman, fakir, street martial artist tradition...

Can't wait to have a go myself....

Oh, actually, perhaps I will wait a bit...

4. Brixtonbodunwel

Brixtonbodunwel Valued Member

Is this the Indian equivalent of X factor. Looks like they won with the amount of wedge they got at the end.
    I am not certain what the sticks were but if they were what I think they were i.e Fluorescent tubes; glade their were no deep breathing exercises.
    I would’t like to have written out the health and safety risk assessment for that one. Although certainly was a crowd pleaser; do you think it took much rehearsing??
    I noticed no mention of ‘if you are of nervous disposition or don’t like the sight of blood look away and kids don’t practice this at home’. However you have to admire their courage and self belief which alone can sometimes get you out of a tight spot.

5. leftwingtaoist

leftwingtaoist Valued Member

any scientific explanation how this is done would be very welcome, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
  6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The are just tough barstewards - doesn't need any other explantion

7. Mangosteen

courage and concentration.

search up Holla Mohalla
    Sikhs gather eery year to do similar tests of courage.

Most of them don't do any yoga or internal exercises.

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Zaad, that would make for an interesting new thread if you have any further information.

9. leftwingtaoist

when i was a kid I saw a dervish ceremony is Kosovo. They went into a trance, pay attention trance, which is quite common practice around the world, took out their swords, knives, big needles, and such implements, and started piercing themselves through tongs, stomachs, arms, necks, cheeks. Interestingly no blood, no wounds, smiles and song all around.
    This type of practice is very common in India, and this video is an example.

It is mind over matter again. Mind changing our abilities by pure will. Not magic. No mysticism. But definitely no mechanics.

10. leftwingtaoist

an example of what i ma talking about

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqjanrj4KII&feature=related"]Ritual Of albanian islamic Sect - YouTube[/ame]

and another

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YXxkla0Ow&feature=related"]Phuket Vegetarian Festival 09 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
  11. Hannibal

There are "Freak Shows" that have pierced testicles, lips and nipples that they hand huge weights from. Mick Foley dove off a 20 ft cage. I know a Dominatrix who has a cliet who likes his scrotum nailed to a board

Some people handle pain better than others

Needles in the face is actually very easy - it is the thought of it that puts most off. Are you seriously suggesting that this below is an example of higher spiritual conciousness?

[​IMG]

12. leftwingtaoist

no, no spirituality. just mind over matter.

13. Hannibal

Which literally ANYONE can do - no meditation or any other such thing required. Ear, tongue, belly, scrotum, those horrible plastic ring things in lobes, tattoos are all the same things as those "religious" ecstasies above.

The Sikhs were just tough!

14. Mangosteen

Yeah i've been meaning to.
    a interesting thing to note is the use of certain "herbs" by some members of the community to induce "bezerker" states...
    I'll try to find some video sources on it and create a thread pretty soon!

15. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Some of that stuff I can accept, but some of it cant be real. At 2:20 he is struck with a bladed weapon in the abdomen. Mind over matter can explain some stuff, but flesh is still flesh and if you poke it with something sharp, it will give way.

16. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

LWT is every conversation a sandwichboard for you?

17. TaekwonPRO

TaekwonPRO Valued Member

I bet these guys know how to party.