"Ring toe" - painful!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MuayThaiGuy, Mar 25, 2004.

1. MuayThaiGuy

MuayThaiGuy New Member

Since I started going to my Muay Thai class 5+ times per week I have developed a very painful...thing on the big toe of my rear leg. It's not exactly a blister since it isn't filling up with fluid, but it hurts a lot like one and I'm positive it's from friction. Is there anything I can do about it? I've thought about putting a bandage or moleskin on it like you would a blister, but I'm pretty sure that'll fall off very quickly. Help, I'm going to start limping if this darn thing gets any bigger!

2. Relosa

Relosa New Member

Take some time off of your feet and don't go to a few classes. Your probobly working your foot/toe too hard and you need some rest. If that doesn't work... well, listen to what other people have to say.

3. MuayThaiGuy

MuayThaiGuy New Member

Argh, I really don't want to take time off. I just started sparring and will likely get moved up to the advanced class soon...so things are really getting interesting. Maybe I could wear socks for a while?

4. Adam

Adam New Member

Got a whole bunch of those things. I say live with 'em, the callousing on your footsoles will make you stop getting them after a while. Mind you, I got leather skin on my feet from childhood, so it might be harder for you than it is for me.

5. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

Quadra-ped MT'ists!

P.s I know you mean your left or right leg. "Rear leg" just conjured up a strange image. ;)