Real or 'Roid?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by belltoller, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Hey. I'm a massive fan of that beast and I understand that he's disgustingly genetically gifted but yeah I won't be surprised if he's using something to give him a boost.

Can't deny that he is doing the work though.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

lol. no, one can't take a shot, sit on the couch and turn into "the rock". the work still has to be done, to get like dwayne or arnold, etc.

i'm a huge fan too.

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I always wonder where these folks find all their 'roids from. It's not like you can walk into a supermarket and ask for a pack of 24 from behind the counter with the cigarettes :p.

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

The size isn't an issue, he was always massive in his wwe days, but massive and cut is hard to do without help, what kind of help is the question, but doesn't take away from the fact to look like that he has to work hard no matter what help he gets

But to be honest we can all say we tried to get bigger, worked hard were athletic and ate alot but honestly how many have their own trainer, their own chefs and athletic genes like he had, warren sapp kept him out of the hurricanes team for lords sake lol

5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

What do you think there personal trainers and doctors do for them lol

6. Giovanni

interesting that there's a lot of illegal substances that many people have no problem getting. which is why i personally applaud the initiatives in colorado, washington, et. al. i think we actually need to go further. no, i don't want my children (when they're grown) to be able to walk into a store to buy currently-illicit things. but it's better that than them meeting some shady guy in an alley to get the same stuff. which they'll figure out how to do if they want said illicit substance enough.

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Normal??!?

Listen Van, when you'n stretch your arms out and 60 is within easier grasp than 40, you're going to be reevaluating your definition of normal.

Sod normal! I wanna drive through McD's and order me a super-sized 'roid shake. :p

LOL!

8. icefield

icefield Valued Member

to put it into persepective on how big he was back in his college days he was heavily recruited as a school kid and this is from one of his team mates at the U

9. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

6ft5 at 210 pounds is actually small for that height.

apparently he didnt train very hard back then either. he was just better than 90% of folks.

these are photos of him at 15 (this is where you realise that dwayne johnson is a genetically gifted muscle monster):
    [​IMG]

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

:thinking:

[​IMG]

11. Giovanni

210 as a freshman at miami to 260 as his billed weight roughly four years later in pro wrestling.

discuss.

zaad, you lift, correct? what do you think?

12. Mangosteen

im unsure. on one hand, he's stupid lean and big. but on the other hand he has some great genetics (look at the bone size at 15) and his training intensity is stupid high.

he had a reasonable amount of bodyfat at 260. plus his family is known for being muscular monsters despite not being focused on bodybuilding.

honestly i think he's just created an optimal environment for his genetics (with/without hormonal aid) because, as van zandt said, he has the time and money and experts to help him.

13. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Can you quote the source where it says he was a 210 freshman, ive seen one website staring he was 270
    If your source is me then
    The guy talking about the rock was 210 and 6,5, I gave his size for comparison

14. icefield

icefield Valued Member

6;5 and 210 was the guy being interviewed, sorry if it was misleading, ive seen one website on his collage days saying he was 270, which I can believe wrestling takes a lot more aerobic fitness than football so he'd have to lean down a bit for that

15. icefield

icefield Valued Member

If you look at his early wrestling days he was huge buy not that cut, it was only when his film career took off and he became a part timer he really leaned out, the give away for me with the wrestlers is the ones on the road 360 days a year, competing every week, in hotels travelling and training and competing non stop and still being huge and cut, rock was only really cut when he went into films and starting competing every now and then, so he then had the rest time,money and reason to lean out. Not saying he was never in anything or isn't now, just saying unlike a lot of the guys when he competed full time he wasn't that jacked, just big and athletic

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I noticed a couple posts in this thread were kinda "Meh" towards celebrities doping because they're not sportspeople.

I think their (potential) use of steroids to generate normally-impossible gains is harmful.

Members of the public seeing such images will inevitably try to replicate the results of their favourite actor. The problem is that when they can't, they might turn to illegal substances for a helping hand.

Let's face it, no-one here has access to a Harley Street clinic.

I doubt very much that Big Gav at the local gym (usually located at the back of some rundown industrial estate on the outskirts of town) will be offering the cleanest of products. Even for such a nice guy as him.

17. belltoller

The idea of injecting questionable substances of dodgy quality and undetermined purity...shudder, shudder

Even when they are pharmaceutical quality and administered by trained doctors, there is quite a risk that one is going to develop serious medical repercussions in the future if one uses long term - or so I've heard.

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Yeah. I recall a case from Oldham a few years ago where a guy was flogging his "own brand" to some local gyms. He cooked up this stuff in his kitchen. Mostly a mix of olive oil and some other everyday ingredients.

19. Mangosteen

Body issues with men and muscularity is a real issue.
    This is why I hate christian bale. Magazines hyped the hell out of his "Batman workout" when he was using performance enhancers like mad.

20. belltoller

Extracted with lye (via Drano) and washed with kerosene, no doubt