Raw Skin

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Judge, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Judge

Judge Valued Member

Sometime in December I had the misfortune of getting a very minor rash under my knee, though it itched like hell and I couldn't help but to itch it even when wearing very heavy pants. Eventually the skin eroded and now I'm left with the raw underskin. Ya know, that redish skin that hurts slightly when you touch it?

Now normally this wouldn't be a problem but as it's right under my knee it gets used everyday and it's hard to avoid. Also, when the skin starts to scab up and rebuild it gets very itchy and can sometimes hurt. I've tried using my own willpower to subdue it and can usually last about a week but eventually I can't help but scratching all of the progress off ( It just feels so good!!! ). What i'm left with is the same raw skin, with a watery type of liquid that seeps out ( which i don't know what it is as it's clear and not thick like puss ), I'm assuming it's because of the severe irritation I bring to it when I scratch it.

Like an idiot I actually tried using aloe based burn and itch ointment on it to no avail. All it does is make the skin much reder and burn to high hell. I don't want to go to a doctor about something like this if I can help it. . .Any suggestions?

2. greysky22

greysky22 Banned Banned

Fucidin cream, not ointment.
    Apply as direct by doctor or pharmacist.

If your allergic to lanolin don't take fucidin.

3. Sudocrem works well.