Rack Pull / Deadlift

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mushroom, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

As some of you know, my deadlifting sucks. I notoriously have a weak lower back and my wobbly knee doesn't help. Disproportiantely monkey like long arms apparently also have to work around.

"You're nearly upright and the weight is barely off the ground" is a common sentence I hear.

Form is also my issue. But I know the answer to that is practice, practice, practice.

Here's a little question then. Would Rack Pulls help my Deadlifts form?

I know it's like a "half rep" with the weights being placed on a rack (hence the name), so the tension goes straight to the starting point...and then work on DL with lighter weight till I get it right?

I'm still very new to all this putting things down, picking things up malarky.

2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Form wise they probably wont help, rack pulls tend to put you in a different position than you will actually be in during the lift, they can be great for helping you lift and get used to heavier weights but personally if the lower back and knee are your problems id just deadlift get the form down right, and do sldl and front squats to hit the weak areas.
    Interestingly none of the powerlifters ive trained with rack pulls, the sumo guys do heavy bench squats and block pulls to overload the leg muscles, and the conventional guys just pull, and do sldls and fronts

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i'm a fan of weighted back extensions, myself.

also long arms are good for deadlifting :p