Problems problems.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ranzan, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

Alright, so from July 25th to October 18th I will be gone from my usual residence and will most likely not have access to a proper gym. But this time was supposed to be my ideal workout period so I'm looking for some workouts that I don't need proper equipment for. Plus some homemade equipment would be awesome as well. I am looking to get in awesome shape so some nice hard workouts will be nice. PLUS SIDE - I plan on video taping most of the workouts for maps thread :D:evil: Any help greatly appreciated as this is all short notice for me and I don't have much time to prep.

2. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Get some gym rope and find a tree! Sorted! - Just search for rope work outs! They work on strength and grip and seems as you do BJJ they can't be bad assets to improve on.

Running, I tend to do initial so just to one lamp post / tree, sprint to the other, jog, sprint etc. Works well in a park when trees etc are planted the same distance apart

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Cardio is simple enough. Running, swimming and so on. I also have used dougbug's method. Run between the first two trees, then jog, then walk, great drill once you are properly warmed up (at least 2 miles under the belt).

As for the main workout, I suggest just finding a park and doing some of the stuff in the workout thread. It would suit your BJJ too. Some of the exercises posted by PA Smith and Slip. Good for grip, core strength, the twisting, pulling and pushing is going to give a great base to any workout.

Look forward to watching your clips.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Resistance bands make a great mobile gym

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I second finding a park. Doing loads of chin-ups and dips will do a lot for your upper body, then just add in some squats, lunges, running, and rope skipping and you're pretty well set.

If you want to keep going with weights, find a bunch of large rocks and you have an instant gym. Deadlifts, rows, front squats, squats with it on one shoulder, presses, carries, curls, Turkish get-ups, throws, and loading it up onto a high platform are all exercises you can do with a simple rock.

6. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

Thanks for the advice guys keep it coming! Luckily I have access to a very large Field(park like area there also) and within 5 minutes walking distance. Rope workouts look nice I will have to find myself some good rope. I will also be right on the beach so thats a plus. I like the idea of rocks but finding one could be troublesome. I will be bringing my sparring gear and will hopefully have access to a heavy bag so that will open up some more options for me.

Good stuff guys thanks tons.

7. Shiho-Nage

Shiho-Nage I'm okay to go.

If you're on a beach then run in the loose sand, far above the tidal line. Really makes it 10x harder.

As part of your bodyweight exercises (burpees, squats, pullups, etc.) add some isometric holds (6 - 10 seconds) either just preceding the dynamic portion or interspersed throughout each set,

8. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

As much as I hate to recomend it charles bronson's solitary fitness has some good stuff in it just ignore the diet advise an little story's in it!

other than that rocks and logs are great like kuma said and handy as they're not a 'uniform shape' like a DB or BB and need alot of stablising,(much like an apponents body)