Neuro-Linguistic Programming

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KaliKuntaw, Aug 5, 2013.

1. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

Last year I read a book co-written by Ajarn/Sifu Kevin Seaman called the Winning Mind Set. (Great Book) Yesterday, after the Fugitive Race, i saw a book store open and picked up an NLP book and expanded version of the Tao of JKD.

The Book by Kevin Seaman uses NLP principles to help people achieve goals in sports, or other parts of life.
    Derren Brown and Tony Robbins also use NLP to help people and themselves so i decided to study this a little and see if it can help me in my herbal studies, martial arts and my career goals.
    Ive started reading the book and have been stuck on it.
    It flows pretty well and is not dry or boring.
    I have read some negative evaluations of NLP by the Psycho-therapy community but since im not impressed with modern psychiatry and psychotherapy i decided to check it out anyway.

I will get through the book soon and use what i can while i research this stuff. I dont know where it can take me but i will find out.

2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Derren Brown is not exactly a fan of NLP. Remember, if he says he's using a certain technique on his TV program, it's not likely to be true. He doesn't really give anything away, even when he "explains" how he's done something.

Here's some quotes from his "Tricks of the Mind" book, which I recommend, to give you an idea of his views on NLP: http://www.sunzu.com/articles/tricks-of-the-mind-derren-brown-gently-knocks-nlp-75000/

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

NLP is a good tool to use, especially when used with the law of attraction.

4. suman yadav

suman yadav New Member

it is one kinds of programming.

5. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

He may knock it, however he uses principles from many disciplines.
    I, like him, seek to study many things and absorb what is useful. I am Christian so I'm not looking for spiritual needs. I am strictly looking to study ways to help myself and then others around me with certain quirks i have trouble shaking.

6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I'm all for people finding their own way to navigate their mind, if they're able :)