Morning training issues

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by righty, Apr 12, 2012.

1. righty

righty Valued Member

Most of the time I train in the evening but I’ve been starting more and more training in the mornings. It’s mostly cycling and weights to supplement MA class which are held during the evenings.

However I’m finding that when I train in the morning I get tired and drowsy during the rest of the day and also tend to want to graze more and eat too much throughout the rest of the day. The activity feels good but it’s not so good when I constantly feel like falling asleep at work. I don’t believe it’s due to overtraining as it’s been bad this week when my MA instructor is on holidays so no MA class for me and reduced overall workload.

Other than stimulants, can anyone offer any advice on what I might do to get morning training to work better for me? Is it something that if I keep at it I might find these problems reduce?

2. Osu,

A nap would work wonders ;)
    Go to bed a bit earlier.
    Give a couple more weeks to your body to adapt to the new rhythm. Maybe reduce the morning load for a while.

Usually morning exercise will ramp up your metabolism for the whole day, so don't worry too much about eating a bit more.

Osu!