make a sled?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by bwhite55, Sep 20, 2007.

1. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

any advice on how to make a sled? i want it w/ chains instead of regular straps to make it a lil heavier as well.

2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Do you have a car?

3. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I just put weights in a backpack haha! Tied ropes to it, and away I went! I used to pull it on the grass in my backyard.

Pushing your car works well to...allthough, its gets easy after a while...because of the wheels.

4. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

I've always just used a car tire with a milk crate jammed in it, with two white belts tied to it for grabbing/pulling. Toss your weights of choice (weight plates, rocks, kettlebells, roadkill) in the crate, and pull.

I've heard all sorts of suggestions for making your own: Ask your local welder or high school shop class to make you one (based on any of the designs you find for sale), construct your own out of a wheelbarrow bucket and rope, and the classic car/truck tire with rope.

5. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

its gotta be able to fit in my honda accord. i like the backpack idea and the wheelbarrow bucket idea. i've also been brainstorming some ideas invovling plywood and 2x4's, but i think that'd be too complicated. thanks guys.