Joint pain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cownose, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Cownose

Cownose Valued Member

I've been noticing lately that my shoulders, elbow joints, and wrists all hurt like hell. My only guess is that I'm overtraining (trying to do weight training and BJJ), but I've never heard of overtraining being the cause of joint pain. I tried taking painkillers, but they stopped working as soon as I went to class. So is it possible that this is being caused by overtraining, and it is possible to recover while doing MA, or do I have to stop weight training and doing MA for awhile?

2. Keljian

Keljian New Member

Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate as a suppliment should help you. But overtraining in aikido for instance seems to give me aching joints.

maybe cut back on the weight training

3. calleo14

calleo14 Banned Banned

Hmm

Not sure but could be hyper extension of the joints when u train do you fully extend the arms and joints at full power or jus half way not sure also could be something to do with your weight program

what does your workout consist of ?

4. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Yeah you should try to cut back on the weights like Keljian said, see if your joints still hurt the after a break from weights.

i was gonna post a similar thread but seing that this one is up already i might aswell ask a question here.

I played Basketball for eight years and recently started muay thai, over the years i've had a few injuries here and there but the one that irratates me most is joint pain where the hip meets the top of my right leg.

I can run and everything, that's all good, but when i raise my knee above my belly-button the joint seems to almost lock up and it hurts heaps to lower my leg, i've had this injury for about a year or so and now it's prob too late to fix, but could someone tell me what it could be or how to soften the pain

Thanks guys