I've been up to the Thug Workout again

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by TheCount, Jun 18, 2007.

1. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

For any of you chaps who don't know... this is a freestyle workout essentially whereby you do what you want as long as it hits the muscles hard. This is purely a post for interest :)

Simply this is what I have been doing for about 5 months due to injury. I haven't been doing it rigorously.... sometimes not even training for a few weeks at a time. Thing is I have barely lost any strength. I obviously can't squat because my knees are still done however I was helping to drag 880kg of caravan yeserday with one other person.

In terms of general stats 30 - 40 pressups is my limit in one set. Generally I do 30, 20 then failure which is usually 20 again. Overgrasp chins on the fingertips and things like this, I can do 9 of n one set, I usually go 8,7,7 before I can't get another decent rep. Undergrasp I can do quite a lot.

Originally my lifts were (with a bodyweight of 49kg) :
    Bench: 47kg
    Squat: 74kg
    Bicep Curl (shutup): 12kg
    Deadlift (Not enough weights :( ):85kg
    Shoulder Press: 12kg
    Powerclean: 50kg

My muscles have lessened in size a bit however I can still:

Bicep Curl:11kg
    Shoulder Press:11kg
    Dumbell Press (each arm): so far I've tried 15kg and its looking good

Neither to max effort. Bent over row my 10kg dumbell was a joke, when I can get the rest of my weights I'll do something worth it.

I'm gonna do the rest of the lifts at some point too to max effort and see what the difference is. Pretty much having done bodyweights I'm as strong as ever I was.