Increasing Vertical Leap

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Blevunly, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Blevunly

Blevunly Valued Member

Sunday

Back Squat 3x5
    Deadlift 3x3
    Bench 3x5
    Bent Rows 3x5
    Depth Jumps 3x5
    Front Squats 3x3

Wednesday

Hang Clean 3x3
    Power Jerk 3x3
    Depth Drop 3x5
    Front Squat 3x3
    Glute Ham Riase 3x3 (negatives)

I've been thinking about adding in something on Friday aswell. Maybe something like a recovery day with lower intensity. Also my Back Squat is starting to stall. So I'm thinking about dropping it for a couple weeks and just doing Front Squats and Deadlifts instead. Any thoughts?

2. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Go google Westside for Skinny Bastards III. Notice how movements are constantly rotated.

Have you tested your vert leap?

3. Blevunly

Blevunly Valued Member

I've read westside 3 and I will switch movements I've only been on this for 4 weeks now. Last night I happened to hit a break through in my back squat added 15lbs to my 5 rep max. I tried to base my program off of Westside's Conjugate method and Kelly Baggett's Vertical Jump Bible more so than Defranco's. I don't really like the repitition method used by Defranco. Do you think the extra hypertrophy provided by the repitition method is necessary?

Now I've switched to snatch grip deadlifts before regular deadlifts I was doing romanian deads. Soon i'll switch up Bench for SOHP. Any ideas on a substitution for bent rows? I have no access to a pull up bar so that's out otherwise I would already be doing weighted chins. The hang cleans used to be power cleans and the power jerks were push presses.

I tested my vert at around the middle of June it was 19 inches.