Home work outs

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chazz, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Does anyone have any home work outs i can do to help loose weight and tighten muscles. (Abs, chest, arms, and shoulders)

2. waya

waya Valued Member

I do inverted situps with weights for my abs, and pelvic tightening exercises that I started to work my lower back in therapy. For my arms and shoulders I do near inverted pushups, plyometric pushups, and a few others as well as work with weights.

Rob

3. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Thanks Rob.

I have a set of things that i do but im just lookin got more/better things to try.

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

If you wanna loose weight the best thing to do is CV work. Create your own circuit training in your house, use chairs for dips and push ups, drawers for sit ups, door frames for pull ups, that kinda thing.

5. Kat

Kat Valued Member

Skipping 3 mins rounds make the last 10 seconds count,2min break 5 sets.
    I think skipping is great workout for MAs,reduce the rest time as you fell comfortable.

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Best bet is to mix CV work with MA training - Here's a training drill that willl serve you well when things go from bad to baddest - it's not pretty but real fighting seldom is ...

(Things in brakets are what you are visualising)

Take your heavy bag and lay it on the floor. We use a bag of about 50-60lbs.

Grab it by the chains (Lapels) and drag it explosively off the floor as high as you can get it - then run with it into the nearest wall. Just let it slam against the wall & fall to the floor. (The lift is manily a conditioning element but the run & slam works!)

Drop your right knee into the bag (Sternum) and extend your left leg out to the side - make sure your right foot is off the floor and all your weight is going into the bag (chest).

Grab a chain / strap (throat) and pull it down & push it into the bag so that there is some bag above it to hit.

Punch the bag as hard as you can 20 times - vary the angle of the punches, straight, hook etc (punching around his blocking hands). Punch with every ounce of strength & aggression that you have. Feel free to scream like a banshee LOL!

Hop over the bag to the other side & drop your left knee - repeat the grab & strike with your left striking.

Pick the bag up again & run/sprint to the opposite wall (you need about 5m) and repeat the drill i.e. Pickup, run, slam, knee-mount & strikes x2, until you cannot lift the bag.

This is a great conditioning drill - and will give you valuable skills that are VERY applicable to what happens in reality.

If you have a 2nd person handy - get them to grab the bottom of the bag and move it around as you are punching (opponent is squirming around under you) - you will have to use your extended leg as an outrigger to stay in the knee-mount as you wail on the bag.

This is just stage one of what we call the "knee-mount drill" - we go on to include other types of striking, armbars etc that blend into a great solo workout!

I've seen people puke during / after their first go at this drill - it's intense!

7. Freeform

Sounds like a lot of stuff I used to do a few years ago, haven't done the 'Run & Slam' though, sounds fun.

Thanx

8. tuney30

tuney30 New Member

have u tried billy blanks tae bo?

9. Freeform

I started to watch one of his videos, then about p***ed myself laughing at his giant yellow gloves!

10. energyboost

energyboost New Member

i usually practice tai chi with diving weights ten on each arm leg and waist.

11. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

chazz u should try with "Cat stretch" it's a kid on push up... if i get hold of the pic..i'll give u. it will give u arms, shoulders, full back excercise...
    -TkdWarrior-

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter