Help Please!! Ideas... Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by firetripper, Sep 14, 2005.

1. firetripper

firetripper Valued Member

Problem: watched vid of my last comp and noticed i'm carrying so much weight than i should be!!!

I'm 5'6", weight 187lb, BUT am quite aerobically fit and of a broad build but there is alot of excess fat around the whole front of my midsection!!

I do Tae Kwondo at least 2 times a week and judo once!!

But my work shifts are mainly 11am-8pm when i dont train!!

Any ideas how i can easily trim down!!! any diet plans, training tips etc would be gratfull!!!! gettin doun to bout 70ish KG would be my goal!!!

2. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Good diet, do some cardio

3. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Short and sweet, but not fun! ;)

Although I prefer to concentrate on getting fitter and stronger, and lose fat as a result.

4. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

How's your diet? Do any cardio other than MA?

5. Handsup

Handsup New Member

do some weights work in the gym ....

pulling weights is known to burn a lotta calories ...

also try jogging on an empty stomach...this forces the body to BURN up STORED FAT...rather than WHAT YOU ATE THAT DAY if you jogged say ...late in the afternoon ...

ok lataers

6. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

I agree with the weights part, but not with the running whilst on an empty stomach.

Running without any food is going to take it out of your muscles. Plus if you were going to exercise, you wouldn't be able to exercise at a very good intensity because you'd have no carbodydrate to fuel the engine so to speak. If you were going to exercise in the morning, you'd be better off getting some energy drink like either sports drink or orange juice, whatever, just some energy so that you can do a decent effort in your exercise.