front levers instead of rows

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by flaming, May 13, 2007.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Could front levers take the place of rows?

I'd just be doing tuck lever pullups but do they use the rhomboids?

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yes they do. You could replace them if you want. Obviously no movement should ever be a complete and utter mainstay, but replacing similar movements will never do any harm unless they exacerbate a pre-existing problem. If you have scapular issues then there are plenty of supplementary exercises you could include in your program.

3. flaming

flaming Valued Member

My scapular hurts on my right side when i push my neck backwards. And that side is higher. And also my strongest side. So after reading 'neanderthal no more' I thought I should do more rows more than pull ups for a bit. And do some external rotation exercises and scapular wallslides.

When pulling from a hang to a tuck lever i use the lats and to maintain the position they are kept there isometrically is that correct. I should be lowering my lat stress.

4. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Can you post a picture of a front lever? I searched but I'm not sure that what I found is what you're talking about. I don't like rows, so a similar exercise would be a nice change.

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

6. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Thanks! I found some similar sites when I googled, but wanted to be sure we were talking about the same thing. Fyi- I tried to do some front levers yesterday and couldn't get it done, not even with legs tucked. Now I'm really hooked! :D That and the mucsle-ups from beastskills.