fitness concerns

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Zinowor, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

btw, i dont think of my legs as freakishly bulky

i just think they're bulky enough already

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

yeah thats pretty much the kangaroo leg situation i have too.

ive stuck in a load of bodybuilding style upper body work.
    i cant avoid squatting, i need to squat. but i can make sure i grow my upper body more too.

similarly, if you need to run, then run, but stick more upper body work in.

btw awesome hair!

3. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Yup, I've always known I needed to beef up my upper body to balance it out, but I was hesitant because I didn't want to become square. At 5'7 that's easily achieved if you already have legs like mine.

But I figured that a little beefing up won't hurt if I refrain from trying to get a 50/50 thing going on between my upper and lower body. Which wouldn't do my handspeed any good anyway.

So yeah, I'm building up my running for now and I'll see what happens. I'm not sure what kind of upper body training I should do though, so I'll go through some threads in the weightlifting and bodyweight training sections.

About the hair, I ditched it because of sport. It was getting in my eyes and stuff and tying it up isn't my style lol.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

that was nice hair man...

5. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

lol if you like it that much ill grow it out again, make a wig out of it and sell it to you :D

6. righty

righty Valued Member

I've just gone and re-read some of your previous posts in this thread Zinowor and it sounds like you have a solid past of regular leg based activities i.e. football and cycling. This would have helped your legs develop to where they are now.

So I am predicting that if you add running to that now you are unlikley to see a lot of leg growth on top of what you have already obtained. You haven't told us specifically what kind of running you plan to do but I'm presuming you mean something along the lines of 5-10 Km runs at a steady pace like a lot of people running for fitness do.

Don't forget that if you are wanted to trim some fat down too, you are best watching what you eat as well.

But by all means do some upper body strength work as well. No harm in that.

7. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

distance running will probably shrink your legs. theyre not 'bulky' or too big, practice MAs, lift heavy stuff and run, everything else is silliness you put in your own way.

I don't think weve spoke by the way, nice to meet you. good luck on bulking the upperbody, you might feel better once you've stuck a bit of meat on. Atleast diet wont be hard with a family like that!

8. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

You're right, it's a bit of silliness on my part. But I can't help it, I get worried about these kind of things. :eek:

And it's nice to meet you too. :)

Yes, bulking up was never an issue. I'm already quite a bit beefier up top than in those pictures. Karate helped out a bit there, but there's definitely room for more.

Currently thinking of a training schedule and posting it in a new thread so I can get some advice.

9. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

do it, always worth popping something up, people might pick up on something you overlook.