EDT Program critique please?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GhostOfYourMind, Dec 6, 2005.

1. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Hey ya'll, when I get back into training, I need to take it easy so I figured EDT would be a great way to "break in" after about 3-4 weeks of wussy stuff....lol! Here's what I put together:

-Monday- (one 15 minute PR Zone)

A: Bench
    B: Low Cable Row

-Wednesday- (one 10-15 minute PR Zone)

A: Deadlift
    B: Front Squat

{I realize both of these may or may not be too much in one session depending on load, hence the 10-15 minute designation}

-Friday- (one 15 minute PR Zone)

A: Shoulder Press
    B: Weighted Pullup

Load-> 10 RM, but only doing half (5 reps) of what is possible, as is standard EDT protocol. In say, 6-8 weeks of this program, I'll start switching into strength mode with either a modified EDT program using a 6RM or 4RM, or I'll make up my own with a 10x3 scheme or some crazy insanity like that.

So what do ya'll think? Decent enough program to ease back into training after a 4 week "warm up"?

2. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I like the exercise selection

3. DSDbronson

DSDbronson Master of Sports & Women

I'm a little interested. Let us know how the EDT's working for you after a couple months.

4. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Looks good from here. Give it a go.

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Looks pretty good to me. Keep a log somewhere :)

6. GhostOfYourMind

Thanks guys. Think I should rotate upper and lower every other week, IE two upper sessions week 1 with one lower session, and then week two, two lower sessions, and one upper, or should I just leave it how it is?

Edit- I'll keep a log for myself (of course) and then just post it up here when I'm done. The only catch, I have to wait until january, doctor's orders. :eek: :( Thanks again ya'll!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  7. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Welcome back to the land of the living. Now turn and cough. :D

You should be fine with the schedule as it is now.

The only thing I'm itching to swap around is turning Wednesday into Front Squats + Romanian deads for a little more variety in movements, but that's my preference. It's totally solid as is. Do it to it. :woo:

8. GhostOfYourMind

I've done enough turning and coughing.... :rolleyes: :eek:

Thanks though Bewater. When I get to it I'll keep it the same. 15 minutes of front squat and DL should gimme some nice results...:D

Outta curiosity, who else has done EDT here, if anyone at all, or am I the experimental cripple? :D :D

9. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Lol i got the book a few months back and have looked through it, havent actually tried it yet though :p, so yes, go my experimental cripple! :D

10. blessed_samurai

I've done the EDT for arms when it first came out...that was a long time ago. I ended up buying it as an e-book and it came with some other EDT program stuff.

11. GhostOfYourMind

How'd it work?

Box- I'm able to speed walk now! HA! I'm progressing from crippled to slightly crippled. I'm shooting for "not in total health" now...:D

12. blessed_samurai

It gave me incredibly sexy biceps and triceps. ;) It worked fair enough. Keep in mind that I've tried A LOT of different programs. I even was out of my mind enough to try the "5 hour arms grow 1 inch workout." In fact, I'm sure BeWater and Adam remember me posting the results during the breaks I was taking...lol, this was back in his "quit doing flyes!" yelling at me stage of our relationship.

13. Colucci

It's true, they were incredibly sexy.........oh...was that...out loud? :eek: :D

By that, of course, Samurai means "last Thursday." ;)

Last time I had a gym membership, I'd throw in an EDT day here and there. I remember, 20 minutes of leg presses and seated DB presses were not much fun at all, and yet, lots of fun. (yeah, yeah, leg presses and seated shoulder presses. But that was quite a while back.)

14. GhostOfYourMind

Do all the mods need to be alone or something? :D

Thanks guys. I like the simplicity of EDT and 10x3 and those sort of programs. But anyways, the one thing I never liked about EDT was the use of all the machines and things like leg extensions. I hate leg extensions, hammie curls, preacher curls, and machine bench with a passion. I'm thinking the compound EDT stuff might enhance the effects of EDT due to the sheer amount of more muscle being covered than in some previous templates. Plus I feel guilty for neglecting my barbell and plates.... They need some lovin' :love: .

Thanks again guys.:D

Bewater- I'll leave you and blessed alone for some "alone time" you alpha male you! :D :eek: (note to self: ew!) :eek:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  15. GhostOfYourMind

Ok, did my first day of EDT today (it was pitiful, I lost quite a bit of strength, that or am just "rusty").

PR Zone (15 minutes)

Bench @ 115lbs.- 31 total reps

Row @ 95lbs.- 40 total reps

I used to be able to do 145 for 8 easy on bench and 120 for rows. :eek: Maybe I'm just outta "the groove". Ugh... I'm going to go sulk in a corner now... :rolleyes:

16. Colucci

I vote for 'rusty'. Give it a week or 2 of consistent lifting again, and you should bounce back like Tigger.

Are you doing 5 or less reps per "set", or just whatever feels comfortable?

17. GhostOfYourMind

5, slowly dropping off when need be (I've never really been good at anything over 8, maybe because I'm more fast twitch, or because I usually train with heavy weight, low reps for most of my training). I'm hoping I'll get back in "the groove". I'm sore today though....woo! Forgot what this feels like. lol! :D Time to drink some more milk.

Can't wait for tomorrow... It's leggie day. I'll probably just do 7 minutes of front squats, then a new PR zone of 7 minutes for deadlift. Switching the weight on the bar would be a PITA, so mine as well give each lift their own PR. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006