Eating

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Aussie Bob, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Valued Member

I am currently eating a lot of protein to suit the regime I am working on. My problem is food variety that involves protein. Egg whites, chicken breast, salmon/tuna and steak (without over indulging).

Any ideas on some variety or something a little different.

2. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Thing is you can do a LOT with those things mentioned. I could honestly eat chicken breasts for about a month without getting bored with just the variety of side dishes.

I like to mix and match.

For example i had one of those uncle bens express rice things mixed in with tuna for dinner earlier. nice.
    Then i had mash potatoe, beans and chicken breast for tea.

Theres alsorts of currys you can have, Chillis, Even stuff like spaghetti bolognese if you buy good quality mince.
    Tuna steaks are another favorite.
    Scrambled egg, poached egg, fried egg.
    Steak burgers etc, the list can be endless.

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Check out some of the Berardi articles on t-nation, there are some excellent examples there like turkey sausage and other more random meats like buffalo if you can get it. Kangaroo is pretty nice. Whey protein is a great source, milk, nuts, cottage cheese, quark etc. There are loads of ways to get that protein :)

4. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

isopure
    isppure
    isopure
    (clean, carbless, decent taste, lactose free, highest quiality, good price)
    $60US a month 2 servings a day = 100grams extra protien for only 400 calories
    can not beat it...

5. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Lowfat cottage cheese. I always have it around. Granted, it isn't as versatile as the meats you've got already, and you can't orient a proper meal around it. However, it does make a great snack, side dish, etc.

6. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

id recommend just buying beradi's 'gourmet nutrition' book. you can get trhe E-book for peanuts basically and its great.

7. The Decay of Meaning

The Decay of Meaning Valued Member

Try chicken filet with Crème fraîche and honey! If you like you can add some spices. Like chili. Chili is good for burning fat too!

Just heat up a pan and add the chicken filet, then after a couple of minutes add Crème fraîche and honey. Make sure it is "well done", then just let it simmer on low heat! Add a little extra Crème fraîche when the sauce shrinks.

8. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

Salmon in the can (if you can’t get it fresh) is good also smoked fish is very tasty, look out for nitrates and sodium some brands are loaded.

I don’t recommend this to others but 8 egg whites and two yolks, is a regular part of my diet. All you have to wash is a glass.

I have been grinding my chicken breast in the food processor and adding fresh herbs and dry spice. Then I form patties and grill (it does not fall apart). Chives, sun dried tomato, and mushrooms are a place to start. If you like a little heat drop in a pepper of choice.

I am also very lucky to be able to harvest 6 deer per season here in N.C.

The local Whole foods store carries Bison (which taste great). The Kangaroo sounds interesting but what is “QUARK”. KICKBOY

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Quark is a type of cheese.

Remember to up your water intake with your protein intake.

10. flaming

flaming Valued Member

And fibre.

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

You can if you use a bit of imagination :)

If you add a beaten egg to about 250ml of cottage cheese, and stir it in, you can cook it in the oven in a similar way to a quiche. The egg binds it in.

You'd need to use your imagination to stop it tasting like total crap. I have packets of pasta and sauce mix that are low in calories that I cook and mix into the cheese/egg, along with some chopped meat and veggies. I scoff that with a baked potato and salad, or whatever else i have to hand.

Turkey is higher in protein than Chicken I believe.

12. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Just start cooking for yourself more often, and you'll find out what works.

marinate chicken and then grill it, it's much tastier.

Cook a lean pork chop with some onions, then add tomato base (pizza sauce works, or make your own marinara sauce) and black olives and spices. Cook untill done. Serve over pasta.

Try grilling your fish - tuna in a soy sauce and pineapple juice marinade is excellent.

Try tabouleh - it's not full of protein, but makes a great side dish. I like mine with t'maters, mint, italian parsely, cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil.

Try marinating your steak in teriyaki sauce, ginger, and sesamie oil, then grill it, slice it thin, and serve it over mixed greens with a bit of thick teriyaki sauce.

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Isn't there a lot of sugar in teriyaki sauce?

14. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Thats a good thing.

15. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

I think the problem with teriyaki is all the salt.