Diet that Builds Chi

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by United We Fall, Jun 8, 2007.

1. United We Fall

United We Fall New Member

What are some food or drink items which boosts chi or helps you tap into it better? I heard that fish, fruits, and vegetables, and water help greatly; but is this just fact or fiction?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Fiction, imo. :cool:

3. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Traditional Chinese Medicine overflwos with information about the impact of different things eaten (platns and animlas) that impact the systems of the body, qi included. FOr a good introduction, try "Scholar Warrior" by Deng Ming Dao.

Frog Rice FTW.

4. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I've always thought that TCM uses plants and animals to regulate body/organ Qi.

Qi gathering/storage = QiGong, which is usually part of your TCM prescription.

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Plenty of beans and hot chillies. This is quite a potent brew, however, so be sure to release the built up energies slowly and away from sensitive children, pregnant ladies and livestock.

6. United We Fall

Frog Rice... I'm gonna have to try that out.

7. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

:D

8. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

To improve the quality of your chi, I suggest you stay away from foods with strong flavours such as onions, garlic and spices. Even some vegetables will affect it, such as brussel sprouts, broccoli and cabbage. Some sweeter foods may help, such as pineapple and banana, from some very personal feedback I can gaurantee these will improve it.

For quantity you're going to have to pack in plenty of protein. Again it's best to stay away from strongly flavoured meats, fish or eggs but there are plenty of other sources to choose from. However, I would still consider Salmon since you're going to be needing plenty of vitamin A, folic acid and Zinc for the reproduction and replacment of lost chi.

There is some evidence that supplements such as tribulus terrestris and ginseng can help boost testosterone levels and prevent chi dysfunction, however there is some that shows they do little, so it's your call.

Good Luck!

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

ROFL @ this thread and coma.

You should go and ask that dude who pulls cars with his testicles, he must have a lot of chi.

I'm considering moving this to the tai chi forum...

10. United We Fall

By the way what's tai chi?

11. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

Hahaha Coma I love it.

When I saw this thread title I seriously did actually laugh out loud.

12. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

obligatory +1

Cosmicfish made me LOLerz too.

13. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

If you want to improve your chi just eat a healthy diet.

14. CosmicFish

It's actually spelled Thai Chi. Thai Chi is a specific type of Chi that Thai people have. Owing to the vastly superior quality of their cuisine they have a higher grade of Chi than the rest of us. This enables them to beat people up even whilst moving fairly slowly.

15. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Nice post dude! Your expansive knowledge of martial arts continues to astound me!

16. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

Seriously, your chi is silent but violent, Cosmic. I'm telling you; it's not natural! ;)

17. ninjapiratecapn

ninjapiratecapn Est. 1986

If you don't know what Tai Chi is, I wonder if you even study a qi gong art? Do you? If not, why worry about your chi to begin with?

By the way, if you do consider chi a metaphysical/bioenergy type thing, you shouldn't ask about it on public forums... chi hasn't been proven to be anything but body mechanics, so you're likely to get flamed, or to have people crack lots of jokes like in this thread.

This website has forums dedicated to the metaphysical/bioenergy/occult idea of chi; they might be able to help you with that: www.vsociety.net

18. CosmicFish

That's "Master Cosmic" to you. ;)

19. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

You could always stop believing in fictional energies and just eat a normal diet

20. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

*raises hand*

Isn't qi an abstraction used to explain Chinese medicinal principles, and not, you know, an actual THING?