Covid Vaccine check in

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by aaradia, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Well, I am supposed to get my Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine tomorrow

Mitch, axelb, aaradia and 1 other person like this.
  2. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

I am fully vaccinated as of a few weeks ago with Moderna.
    Mild to moderate side effects for about 24 hours (chills, fatigue, muscle soreness, headache).

I am returning to BJJ training tomorrow, which has given me a bit of a kick in the butt to get more exercise in (its still gonna be real rough).

Mitch, Anth, axelb and 1 other person like this.
  3. Xue Sheng

Got my Johnson & Johnson vaccine

Mitch, aaradia, axelb and 2 others like this.
  4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I have my 2nd (was going to say last, but autumn will be more :)) AZ/O vaccine booked for next week.

Watching places open back up was nice to see. I'll be glad to join in with it once me and wife are fully vaccinated.

Mitch and Dead_pool like this.
  5. Xue Sheng

Mitch, axelb and Kemposhot like this.
  6. Kemposhot

Kemposhot Valued Member

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

The issue is mostly one of patient confidence.

And people are terrible at judging individual risk, nevermind group risk. FB_IMG_1618120055931.jpg

Anth, Xue Sheng and axelb like this.
  8. axelb

not to mention smoking and obesity increasing clot risk significantly more than any of the above.

I tried to explain this to a conspiracy theorists heavy smoking anti vaxer who has had more drugs in the 90s/00s/10s from some dealer than hot dinners. But there is no explaining to some.

UK has opened up booking for any over 45s now, but it's already booked up. So there seems no shortage of uptake.

9. Xue Sheng

I am not all that worried, I'm not a female 18 to 48. Don't know what is causing it, could be the same as the Astrazeneca. Frankly I'm thinking the folks in charge have stock in Pfizer and Moderna after the press conference I saw today. All I got out of it was Pfizer and Moderna are awesome...the rest need more testing

10. Dead_pool

They don't need more testing, but the at risk populations need to be targeted with vaccines that don't have the clotting issues.

Maybe this will explain it a little better. FB_IMG_1618390327509.jpg

Xue Sheng, axelb and Tom bayley like this.
  11. axelb

Other half was able to book first and second vaccine appointment :)

aaradia, Mitch and Dead_pool like this.
  12. axelb

Jab 2 complete. O/AZ.

Felt something, but nothing to complain about, and the first jab was the best injection I'd ever had in my life (i.e. didn't feel anything!) so hard to top that :D

aaradia and Dead_pool like this.
  13. Kemposhot

Kemposhot Valued Member

i had the Pfizer shot and noticed something similar. Very easy and thin needle didn’t feel anything.

Mitch and axelb like this.
  14. Dead_pool

The Pfizer shot is only 0.3ml, whereas the AZ shot (and Janssen) is 0.5ml, so it will feel a little bigger when they give it, most of the vaccinators will of done thousands of them by now (depending on country) so they should all feel smooth!

axelb likes this.
  15. Xue Sheng

Full week after the J&J and still doing ok....

16. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I just received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine. I just have to wait 15 mins, then I’ll be on my way.

Mitch, aaradia, Xue Sheng and 2 others like this.
  17. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I am fully vaccinated, as of today. :):cool: (Two weeks has passed since my second Pfizer shot.)

Mitch, Jaydub, axelb and 1 other person like this.
  18. Xue Sheng

2 weeks today after the J&J shot. Allegedly I'm all antibodied up now, and I feel fine. But I have 1 more week to watch for the whole clotting thing. Still not worried

Mitch and axelb like this.
  19. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

My Dad possibly had a reaction to his first Pfizer shot. Since getting the vaccination, he was apparently in bed for about a week with a fever and lack of energy. He had no appetite and drank an entire Costco-sized case of water. He also had an outbreak with hives.

After he experienced some internal bleeding today, my Mom took him to the ER and he was apparently out of it. He had a COVID test and he's being held overnight.

I'm not sure if it's a reaction to the Pfizer vaccine, some other issue, or maybe a culmination of both. He's 65 and healthy with no previous medical issues or allergies.

20. axelb

@Jaydub I hope your Dad gets well soon!

Jaydub likes this.