Chest expander

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by zombiekicker, Jun 16, 2015.

1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Just recently got one of these, and have seen much better results than using dumbells, anyone else a fan?

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

How were you using the dumbells, reverse chest flys?

3. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Yeah, it's my arms I've noticed the difference most though

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Chest expanders should really be called rib and back expanders lol, nice bit of kit and I have used one for years, really good for shoulder stabilization work as well as hitting the arms, back and anywhere else you can think of. I got the lifeline model so can switch in different levels of bands, it also allows me to put in longer bands so I can squat, do good mornings core work etc, nice addition to a weight programme

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

If you want a big chest...flat bench and incline bench. Secondary muscles are the triceps, so they get big as well. Which is good as big arms are via the triceps.

Exercises like flyes are more of a "shaping" exercise.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  6. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Yeah ive got five different swappable bands, I love it not touched weight except for bent over rows since I got it

7. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I'm after strength more than size I'm 5'11 15.5 so just 1.5 stone to lose, lost 3 in 4 months ;)

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

That's cool. So would benching medium to heavy would increase strength. The expander is only limited to what it already is.

I'm also 5'11, walking around 91kg (14stones ish) mostly legs though.
    I do use cables a lot for chest though, once again for shaping.