Bruce Lee and cardio...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Master Hakki, Jun 16, 2008.

1. KingNoodle

KingNoodle Back In Black

That really resembles one of the routines outta The Art Of Expressing The Human Body. Come to think of it, I rad in there that he also used a stationary bike. If you could count it as cardio, he shadowboxed (100 punch sets) with weights, but I've heard of people being injured because of that...rotator cuffs or something get buggered up.

2. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Haha! SCORE! :cool:

Edit: Oops. Sorry for necro-posting. :( I didn't notice the date.

3. mun3t

mun3t Valued Member

He did use the stationary bike, he biked 10 miles - 16km

I punch with weights and I have been doing that for 2 years now, haven't hurt the rotator cuffs ^^

And I do 12 sets of 100

4. sozcaps

sozcaps Valued Member

These Bruce Lee threads make me wanna just sell my soul, start a McDojo and exploit the abundance of naïvety out there.

5. KingNoodle

KingNoodle Back In Black

Whaddya mean by that.

@mun3t-thanks for the info

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

After reading the art of expressing the human body, I get the impression that Bruce Lee's exercise routine was actually changing pretty constantly, and it would be foolish to think that he'd found the one perfect way of working out. I'm among those who think that this perfect way of working out does not exist. And surely this is the point; the most effective attribute of Bruce Lee's cardio routine, or any of his routines for that matter, was that they were constantly changing and making muse of all new stuff available at the time.

7. mun3t

mun3t Valued Member

You gain more muscles evreytime you "chock" the system by changing exercises, if you keep training the same exercises your body will get usued to it and won't build as much muscles as it would do when you change the routine.

New challenge, Higher muscle growth

8. sozcaps

sozcaps Valued Member

The point is finding what works for you. It isn't just about doing what worked for <Insert athlete/movie star>, and it isn't about finding some perfect method or shortcuts. It's about finding YOUR method. Why can't this thread die already.

9. NightWanderer

NightWanderer New Member

This is true, ask any weight lifter who knows how to eat. :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  10. mun3t

mun3t Valued Member

Do you weight lift? cause you seems to know about "shocking" the system. :)

11. mun3t

mun3t Valued Member

You learn from it.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee