Britains Strongest Man

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Roual, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

Don't know if anyone else on here watches it, but it's been on Channel 5 all this week.

Just want to see who people are favouring to win. I gotta say Mark Felix and Terry Hollands, although there are a few others that look pretty good.

On a side note, did anyone watch Tuesday's when they had a video section of Terry Hollands training? The guy was knocking out pull ups on some wall bars. This amazed me because 1) he's about 30 stone and can do pull ups, and 2) he's 30 stone... how strong are those pull up bars?

2. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

Clearly there's a market for extra strong pull-up bars.

Shame I didn't notice this thread at the time. I love Strongman. I watched the whole week (on TV, of course; you'd be hard pressed to get me to go to Minehead for anything). ;)

Pointless as it is to say it, given that we know the results, I favoured Hollands, Westerby and Marku in that order, which wasn't really how it worked out. I can't stand [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEKFKugKvPM]Mark Felix[/ame] (which is why he wasn't in my list - irrational, I know), but part of that is total prejudice because of his horrible attitude. I don't think Strongman needs smack talk, or second guessing the judges, for that matter. That's not to say he wasn't extremely impressive in certain events. I did kind of expect him to do better, though.

I was gutted for Shahlaei, too. Poor guy. And OW! If there was a teeth-gritting-in-sympathetic-agony emoticon, this is when I would use it.