Breaking Walls and Stuff

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kibbles, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Hero of my youth! His influence remains

2. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Nee Naaaa :hat:

You shoul dhave got that one you had enough hints haha

:hat::p;)

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

slegehammer.

4. Killa_Gorillas

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyc37aOqT0"]YouTube - Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel[/ame]

5. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Didn't take long.

I should have known it was coming.

Supprised at the lack of pink floyd on this thread.

6. Killa_Gorillas

I'm nothing if not predictable :hat:

7. cejames

cejames Valued Member

DO NOT TRY TO LEARN TO BREAK BRICK WALLS WITH YOUR BARE HANDS! If you wish to have an "ultimate punch" then learn about body mechanics.

8. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Ah well :confused:

It's good I posted here then. (I guess I'm dense then)
    I don't usually consciously think of timing. I guess my timing's okay but that's something else I'll have to train.

I hope this thread has provided amusement to some people

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  9. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

I'm learning body mechanics as well. I thought it was fairly clear that I'm not merely learning to break brick walls with my bare hands. It would be nice if you could elaborate on your ideas on body mechanics.

I was just considering one aspect of a punch separate from the rest.

The "destroying a brick wall" is an improbable goal. But if say you had to train to be able to do such a thing even just once (Whether or not you will ever actually do the thing) without destroying your hands during training, how would you actually attempt to go about it? I guess that's a better way to pose the question.

You could say it's impossible but that would be boring and wouldn't even get someone remotely in the direction of the goal.

I'm actually glad of the tips I'm getting from this thread but "don't hit brick walls" has already been mentioned.

10. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

what you want to do, right, is go out and find a brick wall. Then bash your head against it. One day, your head might be harder than the wall! Or, at the very least, you'll know how people feel about this sort of question.

11. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Anyway,

Yes, punching brick walls is stupid, but from another perspective so is punching people you don't have any quarrel with, and so is jumping across buildings without safety equipment, or swimming the English channel, and a whole lot of other stuff like that.

What I was interested in was the development of human capabilities beyond what others think is possible.

I got some good tips on power and punching in general from some of the previous posters, thanks guys, so I'll just start from there and give this thing a rest so as to stop bothering you all.

12. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

No such thing as the "ultimate punch"

Breaking is no test of skill and requires no training.

It is only a confidence builder and show stopper

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92800