Bongo Board

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by pablo147, Jun 29, 2007.

1. pablo147

pablo147 Valued Member

Im not too sure what section to put this in so if it needs to be moved so be it. Today at my gym i saw a guy working out on this thing called a bongo board. He was obviously a skater but watching him work out got me thinking about the uses of the board. It looks like a dam good stability/balance workout and I asked him if i could try it out. I nearly fell on my ass the first time i tried but i started to get the hang of it. Does anyone here have any experience with it? Im thinking about buying one but im not sure if it is worth the price. It seems like it the workout would carry over well for boxing/kickboxing (which is what im interested in). Heres a link for one, http://www.fitter1.com/bongo-board.html

2. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

It's a gimmick pablo. People have to keep coming up with flashy new gadgets in order to attract clients and customers. It isn't going to have any carryover, unless you plan to start boxing while standing on one of those stupid things.

Please, don't get sucked into the black hole of "the latest fitness breakthroughs".

3. pablo147

pablo147 Valued Member

I duno man, the idea has been around for a few decades. im interested in it because it will strengthen the ankles and help balance (or at lease i think it will).

4. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

If you want to strengthen your ankles and increase your balance, do more unilateral leg work. It's free, and it will actually have application to other movements. Once again, unless you box while balancing on an unstable surface, how is learning to balance on an unstable surface going to help your boxing?