Apples better than coffee in the morning?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CosmicFish, Sep 22, 2005.

1. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Oh well, looks like my luck will be in lol. Just make sure the coffee pot is on as well lol.

I hope you don't mind fangs lol.Oh and by the way make sure the blinds are firmly shut as I don't want to go in a puff of smoke lol.
    I do enjoy a bite or two lol. :D :rolleyes:
    lisa xx

sorry mods but this is clean lol. :Angel:

2. Aaron Fields

Aaron Fields Valued Member

Ok Ok stop all the crazy talk :D I like apples as much as the next guy, but common' fellas, give up the necatar of the Gods...your just talking crazy now.

I don't eat suger, watch TV, drink (very often,) I eat well, and excercise like crazy...

BUT I LOVE COFFEE... High quality H20 and java....

oh and just to cut off any of you limeys....tea ain't the same thing..not even close.... :D

Aaron Fields
    www.seattle-jujutsu.org

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I don't drink coffee. Admittedly, I don't always wake up refreshed and energized. I don't have the best sleeping habits either.

4. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

You sleep badly because the caffeine prevents your brain from going to the really deep sleep that gives the most rest. As a rule, I only have caffeine in the morning (except the occasional soda and chocolate). Caffeine has a half-life of 6hours in the body. That means my 1200mg (yes, a mega-dose) at 8am are actually still 600mg at 2pm. And at 8pm its down to 300mg. This level has to drop enough for me to have a decent sleep to prevent my caffeine from being a crutch to wake up in the morning.

When that happens, the purpose defeats itself.

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Lestat never drank coffee. :p

Well I think we've established that the apple in the morning thing really is a myth. Shame really, would have been nice if it was true!

"Oohh, I had a good apple this morning. Really gave me a buzz, man."

6. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

I recently got a proper percolator and ground coffee, couldn't stand the instant stuff much longer. It makes a massive difference, taste is so much smoother :)

If you really want to feel energetic, lay off the excess sugar and caffeine for a month or so, and keep exercising. Then, one day, just drink a CRAPLOAD of coffee with heaps of sugar in it (Red Bull works just as well).

I promise you'll be buzzing :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  7. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

Some good loving with the misses usualy get me of to a good start.

Sure beats a cup of coffee or an apple any day.

8. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

Depends how good the coffee is.

Dang, I really am addicted! :D

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

*raises coffee cup in cheers to DJHalliB*

Jeez am I glad to see someone talking sense about coffee!
    Thanks for posting what some of us have known for a long, long time.

Coffee is great... and like most things moderation is the key.
    Knowing the science behind what it does when it hits your body is only common sense.

I love the stuff... I've got books and books on the history of coffee alone... and just about whole shelf on chocolate. But again.... you have to use it in moderation. Sleep is a good thing for your body and if you start blowing off your deep sleep your body suffers.

Nothing wrong with an apple in the morning. You don't have to do either or. If you're eating properly an apple in the morning or early in the day is only just one of the many servings of fresh fruit you should be having! So everyone can chill with the polarization! :D

Ok, I have to stop typing now.. if my mother ever see's this she'd realize that I've known she was right all along. :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  10. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Urg I am now officially jealous. It's hard to get booty in the morning if you aren't married, and I can't think of a better thing to do at 6:45 in the morning.

11. CDNhammer

CDNhammer New Member

mmmmm...coffee.....

I'm totally addicted to the stuff. For me, it's either two cups in the morning before I get in the car, or two Advil's when I get to work. I get horrible headaches if I don't have a coffee within two hours of waking.....maybe I should see my doctor LOL

I can also drink a pot of coffee and sleep a full night no probs....and not wet the bed either!

I really should quit, but screw it. I like it too much.

:D

12. slipthejab

Booty in the morning is easy if you're pirate.:D

13. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

I think the main point about the apple as opposed to caffiene is the way it releases carbohydrates into your system over a period of time rather than giving you an instant caffeine hit.

A balanced and sensible diet over the whole day is a better option...

...or have both...

p.s an apple a day does not keep the doctor away either.

14. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

It's never easy. If it were, everyone would be one ;)

15. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

just thought I'd write to say that it's the early afternoon here and I'm enjoying both an apple and a coffee at the same time.

wow, I think I'm a genius :)

16. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

A breakthrough in modern medical science! All hail redsandpalm!

17. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Showoff. ;)

18. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

Coffee is awesome, and a great thing is, it isn't even bad for you. I generally fast from coffee through the week and the drink it over the weekends to enhance my time off.

19. slipthejab

Ha haha ha!
    Brilliant!

20. Trick Nasty

Trick Nasty space monkey

I usually just wake up and I'm ready to go. But maybe its because I'm just 14...