Any Lifters in Here??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by binski20, Nov 14, 2002.

1. binski20

binski20 Valued Member

Do we have any weight lifters in here???
    Serious ones, not just the weekend warriors.

I myself lift and am using a three day full body HST routine right now.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yup

Big compound stuff for me.

Squats
    Deadlift
    Power clean
    Flat bench
    Chins
    Shoulder press

That's about it.

3. binski20

binski20 Valued Member

Compunds are good, very good.
    They make up the basis of the routine I am using right now, although there are a few isolation movements along with some of them.
    Compounds develop excellent strength, balance and muscular control/coordination.

Here's my routine:

Squats
    Deadlifts ( stiff legged)
    Standing Calf Raises
    Seated Calf Raises
    Pullover
    Bench Press
    Barbell Row
    Pullups
    Shoulder Press
    Lateral Raises
    Biceps Curl
    Concentration
    Weighted Crunches

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

i hav started but dunno the names :D :p
    only squats i know... :D
    shame on me..
    -TkdWarrior-

5. Kat

Kat Valued Member

Hows this for weight lifting
    One Arm Three Finger chins in a sling
    1 3 7 moves on the campus board
    Face it gents, Rock climbing is the superior sport:D
    Check out Jerry Moffrits or Ben Moons training if you have no idea what I am talking about

Serious though I also train weights,mainly compound moves,particulary straight legged dead lift,squats and power clean.I use a machine for lat pull downs and seated row.Only train twice a week and I matrix the sets as I am focusing on power endurance.Also just got introduced to dumbbell swings,which is more a cardio /endurance deal.

Yeah and I use Captins of Crush Once a week

6. Cain

Cain New Member

I weight lift only for my forearms and I also do squats until I can't walk down the stairs the other day.
    |Cain|

7. khafra

khafra New Member

Trying to get a Popeye build?

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Bench Press
    Squats
    Shoulder Raises
    Chins

Lot of dumbell flies, lateral, shoulder etc.

Just don't forget the abs guys!!!

Colin

9. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL sort of but I do curls roughly about twice a week and I depend only on push-ups for my triceps.

So I actually use weights for my forearms but I do free-style evercises like dips between parallel bars and pull-ups for my other areas.Sorry u misunderstood me.
    |Cain|

10. movado

movado New Member

i used to be big on lifting weights and going to the gym but now i have the body former by rock fitness.it's the same thing as the total gym.it's much easier on the joints and the workouts take much,much less time.those are the two best things about the body former.i can add plates to the handles as well for added resistance,which i like to do when doing seated rowing and chest presses.
    all in all,i'd say that 15 minutes on that thing equals an hour of weight training.remember.i said weight training,not power lifting.true.you cannot duplicate powerlifting on the body former but you can very effectively duplicate a super set type workout in 15 minutes of what would take a half hour in the gym or an hour with free weights.
    i superset chest presses w/seated rowing,handstand presses w/chin ups,curling w/tricep extensions and add in straight arm pullovers at the end of each session.they really burn the abs bigtime.and it only takes one set to do it.

11. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

I used to lift weights until 8 weeks ago when I sprained (haireline fracture :() my dam wrist goddamit, goddamit!

I lifted 6 times a week and went from 6 stone to 10. Those 8 weeks I missed were supposed to be precious bulking time where I would have added 14lbs of mass on.

time to go to rant colum goddamit

12. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I started lifting the routine matt gave me a few weeks ago, usually 3-4 times a week, but I can't lift again till monday because I injured my hand.

13. DarkKnight1967

DarkKnight1967 New Member

Yep - been lifting off and on for the last 18 years. Been SERIOUS about it the last three. I'm on a 4-day split and I try to include at least one good compound movement each day. Mine breaks down like this:

Monday - Triceps, biceps & forearms
    Wednesday - Legs (big squat day)
    Thursday - Chest & delts (lots of benching & military presses)
    Saturday - Back (deadlifts & chins)

That's a REAL abbreviated summary.

14. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

There is only 2 days a dread jugement day and leg day.

15. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

Tuesday- chest, triceps

Thusday- back, biceps and traps

Saturday- legs and shoulders

Abs get done twice a week.

I save the cardio for class on the other 3 nights.

16. braveheart

braveheart New Member

I work out with weights using barbells and kettlebells. Exercises I do regularly are dips, KB snatches, KB military presses, hang cleans and push presses. I want to add chins when I get a setup for it. MA classes two nights a week.

17. Jazman

Jazman New Member

MA classes 3 times a week, lifting every third day, curls, bench, shoulder press, tricep extension, lat raises, pullups/chinups and whatever else I wanna throw in. My legs get a workout in my MA classes and maybe once a week besides that