2.5 kilos in 15 days?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by liero, Mar 10, 2011.

1. liero

liero Valued Member

I'm not sure general MA is the most applicable for this but here goes.

I have a State comp in 2 weeks and am fighting in the under 74 kilo division.

I weigh 76.5 kilos as of last night.

Not sure where I went wrong over the last few months but I used to easily sit under my weight division. I havnt got noticable "fatter" from the 2 kilos but I could have put some muscle on.

I have a very low body fat percentage. Probobly <6-7% and have been trying to shed this extra few kilos for about 1 month.

I understand that diet is a big issue so I have some important questions.

1) whats the best diet to loose this weight without looosing energy for my 8-9 sessions a week, work and studies?

2) can I loose this weight? (silly question)

3) If I have to drop it the day before the comp. Whats the safest way to go about doing it?

2. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

On an empty stomach and while dehydrated you could probably drop 2 kilos before the comp. I think there was already a thread about this before.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I can fart 2.5kg

Mitch

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

fwiw, by simply drinking only water, and drinking a glass of water every time i have the urge to eat something that is not lunch or dinner, i managed to drop about 2 kilograms in 2 days simply by reducing my overall bloating most of the time.

so yeah, try snacking on water :p

6. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

My dad is a powerlifter, and whenever he needs to drop to the 90kg division, he just eats a lot of salad, lays off the meat, snacks on nuts etc. Also what Fish said about the water. Nuts are super foods though! Preferably the mixed bag, not salted or roasted.

Good luck!

7. benkei

benkei Valued Member

Is weigh in the night before or on the day? Night before you could make it easily by just fasting for that whole day and abstaining from water (obviously drink a bit if necessary). If it's the morning, just don't eat dinner the night before or breakfast. Have some light food handy for after the weigh in.

8. newy085

newy085 Valued Member

I have found the best way to cut weight if you don't have to weigh in on the day of the comp is to cut high protein food from your diet about 5 days before the weigh in. One gram of protein holds about 4 grams of water in your muscles, so by cutting the protein and exercising you can burn off some of the protein in your muscles losing the water weight as well. When a lot of people start fad diets this is the result they see over the first week and think they are going good, then they hit a wall because you need the protein in the muscle to burn fat (sorry off topic).

If you are going to do this then you will really need to plan your exercise and diet in the week coming up to the comp. After the way in, you will need to hit the protein shakes / protein rich and amino acids to build up the supply in your muscles or you will be weak as ****. When you drop the protein about three days before you should start urinating more, that is the water leaving the muscles, make sure you keep the fluids going in or else you will dehydrate quicker then you expect.

On the day of the weigh in, I usually go for a light jog to get the heart rate up and sweat out a bit more water, you would be amazed how much you can drop from the start of a session to the end of a session just through sweat. Again after you weigh in you will need to rehydrate and get the protein going early.

This is a pretty intense way to drop weight, but doing it I have dropped around 4.5kg over three days, then on the day of the comp I was already back up 3 of them and feeling strong.

9. liero

liero Valued Member

Thanks for the replys.

I'm aware that there are other threads like this. But, its always good to get another opinion.

For the next 2 weeks I have changed my diet a little. 5 small meals not 3 large, heaps more vegetables and fruit and alot less white breads/grains...less meat.

Basically making a very vegetable and fruit heavy diet and not much else. Will see how weight is in about a week and go from there.

10. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

2.5kg in 15days is very very doable....I lost 3kg on a couple day notice. Granted it was not on the healthiest ways, of literally not eating past late afternoon, lots of sweating and quite a bit of fasting.
    I didnt do the sauna though.

11. newy085

newy085 Valued Member

Sounds good liero,

I think lots of fruit is also good for cleaning out the bowels, lol. I now when I eat too much I can't get off the toilet. Also, just remember the sugar, even in fruit, will make you hungrier, so try to eat fruit between your main meals, like for morning and afternoon tea. If you it is as one of your main meals you will end up eating more in your smaller meals. Not that there will be much of a difference with the 5 smaller meals, but it is something to keep aware of.