Ziranmen

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Dan Bian, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Hi all,
    I've recently been reading up on the more 'obscure' Neijia styles, particularly Ziranmen, or Natural Boxing.

Is there anyone on MAP who is familiar with this style, or actually practices?

J

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

3. firefly2280

firefly2280 New Member

The only person I know of that practices Ziranmen would be Serge Augier. He's written quite bit about the internal arts including quite a large section on Ziranmen in the beginning of Alex Kozma's new book 'Warrior Guards The Mountain'. Definitely worth reading. He's got a website set up under the title 'Urban Taoist' and is based in Paris.
    There are currently two people that I am looking to train with at the moment. One of them is a student of Serge - Alex Kozma and the second is Serge himself.
    Both guys really seem to know their stuff!

4. greytowhite

greytowhite Valued Member

I gave this set to a friend practicing MMA who was looking for a perspective on the "internal" side of things. Granted, I bought it elsewhere at a much lower price; as much as I love the info on PlumPub their prices are twice what I paid.

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/dvd/dvdcoll_ziranmen.htm

I have not practiced it but I can see that it has some very interesting aspects to it. Some of the standing exercises almost reminded me of Aunkai's tenchijin. I think the closest instructor to me here in the States is in Texas. Although Serge Augier is supposed to be in San Francisco soon I don't think I can afford to pay a visit while he's in town. :(

5. Kat

Kat Valued Member