Zinc & Chi depletion.

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Tseek Choi, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Tseek Choi

Tseek Choi Banned Banned

A serious kung fu question, so please don't joke too much.

For those of you that study kung fu seriously:

Do you feel that excessive sexual self-gratification reduces a persons zinc levels?

Also do you believe the same concern regarding depletion of Chi?

Many old chinese Taoist books state that your life force/chi/essence is depleted every time a man ejaculates. This being the case should we not try to reduce the frequencey of such an act?

2. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

"Do you feel that excessive sexual self-gratification reduces a persons zinc levels?"

umm? do you have evidence/articles or just you magically measure your zinc levels after playing with your friend?

actually... the coorlation is... if you don't take zinc supplements it leads to erecticle and other male health problems. therefore, it may cause a false assumption that poor sex=poor chi=waste of zinc... when in reality..

better zinc leads to better sex...

now chi... zinc levels at a good level will help your chi and overall health. meditation can improve sex and chi... ect they are related in many different ways

chi is a tough thing. i wouldn't say "everytime" they ejaculate since it is a natural and needed process (were do you think your sperm goes after a few weeks, to magic air land? no... it is ejaculated one way or another, even in our sleep). or maybe through health problems

so... excecive masterbation could lead to excessive waste along with an unbalance in your releases! however the real problem lies in whom your sharing your bodies energy with...

think of a loyal couple as sharing eachother's chi and balancing eachother out. if they start sleeping around... they are not giving eachother 100% balance since some energy is lost to their other lovers they cheat with!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  3. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

And now the science

When can zinc deficiency occur?
    Zinc deficiency most often occurs when zinc intake is inadequate or poorly absorbed, when there are increased losses of zinc from the body, or when the body’s requirement for zinc increases (14-16). Signs of zinc deficiency include growth retardation, hair loss, diarrhea, delayed sexual maturation and impotence, eye and skin lesions, and loss of appetite (2). There is also evidence that weight loss, delayed healing of wounds, taste abnormalities, and mental lethargy can occur (5, 15-19). Since many of these symptoms are general and are associated with other medical conditions, do not assume they are due to a zinc deficiency. It is important to consult with a medical doctor about medical symptoms so that appropriate care can be given.

Who may need extra zinc?
    There is no single laboratory test that adequately measures zinc nutritional status (2,20). Medical doctors who suspect a zinc deficiency will consider risk factors such as inadequate caloric intake, alcoholism, digestive diseases, and symptoms such as impaired growth in infants and children when determining a need for zinc supplementation (2). Vegetarians may need as much as 50% more zinc than non-vegetarians because of the lower absorption of zinc from plant foods, so it is very important for vegetarians to include good sources of zinc in their diet (2, 21).

Maternal zinc deficiency can slow fetal growth (7). Zinc supplementation has improved growth rate in some children who demonstrate mild to moderate growth failure and who also have a zinc deficiency (22). Human milk does not provide recommended amounts of zinc for older infants between the ages of 7 months and 12 months, so breast-fed infants of this age should also consume age-appropriate foods containing zinc or be given formula containing zinc (2). Alternately, pediatricians may recommend supplemental zinc in this situation. Breastfeeding also may deplete maternal zinc stores because of the greater need for zinc during lactation (23). It is important for mothers who breast-feed to include good sources of zinc in their daily diet and for pregnant women to follow their doctor’s advice about taking vitamin and mineral supplements.

Low zinc status has been observed in 30% to 50% of alcoholics. Alcohol decreases the absorption of zinc and increases loss of zinc in urine. In addition, many alcoholics do not eat an acceptable variety or amount of food, so their dietary intake of zinc may be inadequate (2, 24, 25).

Diarrhea results in a loss of zinc. Individuals who have had gastrointestinal surgery or who have digestive disorders that result in malabsorption, including sprue, Crohn’s disease and short bowel syndrome, are at greater risk of a zinc deficiency (2, 15, 26). Individuals who experience chronic diarrhea should make sure they include sources of zinc in their daily diet (see selected table of food sources of zinc) and may benefit from zinc supplementation. A medical doctor can evaluate the need for a zinc supplement if diet alone fails to maintain normal zinc levels in these circumstances.

extract from http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/cc/zinc.html

4. PlumDragon

PlumDragon "I am your evil stimulus"

I dont know anything about orgasm lowering zinc levels.

Some very respected medical practicioners claim that an "overabundance" of sexual activity can deplete qi, but the Chinese agree with the Western idea that claims that moderate sexual activity is normal, and healthy.

For rigirous types of training (some iron palm practicioners feel this way) there are claims that you should abstain from sexual practice during certain portions of your trianing.

Personally, theres no way I coudl abstain. its just nto an option. And while Im not sure its as big a deal as some do, I do try to space out sex from rigirous training, whether it be an iron palm session, hard sparring, etc. Obviously sex does take a bit out of ya and while Im really training hard, punishing my body, its probably not a bad idea to let the body focus more on healing bones/muscles than rushing to rejuvinate your sexual energy for the bi-daily sexual escapade.

5. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

There is definitely some relationship between sexual energy and qi as I have found with *ahem* experimenting on my own. I personally don't believe in the idea that too much ejaculation is bad for you, but I have found it possible to use the sexual energy/tension to enhance qigong practice. So, while frequent ejaculation is probably fine from a health point of view (western science would say it is good for you), it might be considered a waste of a powerful source of energy that could be used for qigong. Unfortunately, I don't have much time/energy/willpower to explore this right now. My girlfriend already complains that all I do is Kung Fu and qigong without my trying to do breathing exercises during sex :D.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Ok, someone had to do it... might as well be Slip :D

Attached Files:

7. butcher wing

butcher wing Oi, Fatso!

eeerm

I need to keep practicing my "Iron Wrist"

So low zinc levels for me :)

8. wa1ker

wa1ker Valued Member

You have to be very careful about this whole area really.

Once with a former girlfriend I mistakenly mumbled Hudoken when I came, and nearly killed my girlfriend of the day with the resulting chi blast.

Muck about with this stuff at your peril. :eek:

9. slipthejab

Peter North... Chi Blast Master...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Now I get it!!!

Chi blast's... Peter North... Chi blast's... Peter North... :D

(if you don't get it... Google: Peter North - warning don't do this if you're at the office or your mom is standing behind you!)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  10. PlumDragon

PlumDragon "I am your evil stimulus"

Errr....So Im at work and the first website I clicked on gave me a:

"Web Access Denied" Note...

I can put 2 and 2 together lol

11. slipthejab

LOL!:D

Sorry.

12. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Once, and note I say only once, will I remind everyone that we're all-ages here. So please don't make me have to mod beyond this friendly reminder.

- Matt

13. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Every time you ejaculate you lose about 15mg of zinc. Take your damn zinc! It is essential to testosterone production.

14. CCM

CCM Valued Member

I love kung fu, but not that much :D

15. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

:eek:

*Checks daily multivitamin*

15mg :eek:

Damn., I might need to dose up a bit more.

On the otherhand I eat quite healthily so maybe not?

16. Fighter4Higher

Fighter4Higher Dark man of the unknown

Bruce Lee would be proud.

17. wa1ker

wa1ker Valued Member

You speak with such authority. For a second it was as if a dead legend was on the forums. Bruce Lee indeed.

Not one to give advise, Im going to make an exception.

Get a life. Of your own at least :eek: