Zhuan Shu Kuan?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Andy Murray, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Anyone heard of this style before?

2. CFT

CFT Valued Member

Nope, but doing a quick Google search ....

There seems to be quite an extensive history from the club at Warwick University. If you believe what they read, it seems to be derived from Tae Kwon Do with some wushu type forms thrown in.

There seems to have been a few splits in the UK organisation since it first started up.

But you knew this already didn't you Andy? You really wanted a first hand account and claims that it was the best martial art around and that I really love it!!

Sorry, but I practice unrealistic and impractical Wing Chun :p What I'm taught is 1st grade stuff IMHO, but I just go and spoil everything by being lazy.

3. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Yes,
    Sifu Glenn Cudjoe is one of their main teachers here in London and also ranked 1 in his weight class in San Shou tournaments.

I have trained with him at a couple of grappling classes in the past. He told me that Zhuan Shu Kuan was based on early TKD stuff with other Chinese Elements mixed in. There is quite alot of Throws, Takedowns etc. To me it was a bit like Hapkido.

They have classes in London at ULU in WC1 and in the Kensington Area.

4. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

A blend of tkd and long fist (looks like). Very flowery, yet stilted with no body power.

Have seen it over here on this side of the pond. I do not know what to make of it. I believe this was developed to market to the demand for Chinese martial arts. I.e., some people think that there is one division of "kung fu" or "generic kung fu" and this style hopes to cash into this confusion.

5. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

Ooo, exciting stuff - my style! Just googled this whilst bored at work, hence random thread resurrection. :D

I trained under Glen at Warwick for four years, and will shortly be going back there for another five. Basically, ZSK is a hybrid of long fist (in terms of forms and the stance related to it), TKD (bunch of flashy kicks) and muay thai (in terms of the sparring, though we don't use elbows and knees). I could go on at length if anyone actually cares, but mainly I'm bored. And its ZSK. And someone mentioned Glen.

Hooray! :p