Zanshin kalli

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by yinyang, Jun 2, 2005.

1. yinyang

yinyang New Member

Anyone heard of it? They teach JKD, Jun fan gung fu, escrima etc. Was wondering whether to join coz it costs £16 a week for 2 1&1/2 hour lessons. Seems a bit expensive. Any thoughts?

2. Stxsas

Stxsas Keep on Flowing..

It does sound a bit steep. Paying £8 for a 1 and half hour lesson..
    Who is the Instructor/Sifu?

3. yinyang

yinyang New Member

An apprentice instructor under Dan Inosanto. His name is Paul Fin.

4. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

the instructors are very good.main guy is called ralph jones and his student paul finn,both are very good,i know them very well.if you can well worth having a go

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

We are talking about Zanshin Kali, then Ralph Jones is the head instructor, he is a top JKD instructor a very good Wing Chun man, and a top Eskrima instructor too, As well as being a top instructor under Inosanto in Kali, he is also a 4th Grade Black Belt in Doce Pares "Multi Style" Eskrima which makes him a member of the oldest Eskrima Club in the World.

For £8 per session it is cheap for what you are getting. Good Knowledge at the end of the day cost the instructor much more than more people realise, it is only fair he see's a return on his years and years of hard work and large amounts of money spent.

Think about this, you can go for a private lesson in Tennis and you will pay in the region of £45 per hour, all that traiing from a failed Tennis player, for if he/she was any good they would not have time to teach you.

And again it all depends on what you want to pay for, if you want a Mercedes Car, don't expeact to pay the same price as a Lada.

Best regards

Pat

6. Stuart Rider

Stuart Rider Valued Member

Paul is an excellent instructor can recommend him highly.
    Currently he is certified as follows

• Kali, JKD and Jun Fan Gung Fu (Apprentice 3)- Guro Dan Inosanto
    • Kali, JKD and Jun Fan Gung Fu (Instructor Level 2)- Guro Ralph Jones.
    • Kali, JKD and Jun Fan Gung Fu (Associate Instructor) - Sifu Rick Faye.
    • Doces Pares / Escrima (3rd Dan) - Master Danny Guba.

Well worth getting along to his class.
    You will be made very welcome and he has a great bunch of students as well.

7. yinyang

yinyang New Member

Yeah I am going to go. Thanks for the responses.

8. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

Don't have a Mercedes, the biggest load of rubbish I have ever purchased, still in dispute with Mercedes Benz UK..........don't start me off!

9. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

What such a great car like that, naw your joking:rolleyes: only joking, but I think you get my drift.
    Wanna swap for my Ford Transit:D
    I will re-phrase that, you dont pay for a Rolls Royce and get Old Timers Mercedes do you....

Best regards

Pat

10. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

your be glad you did.your enjoy it