Zaffuto's Wing Chun 2 clips

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by CaloWSL, Nov 6, 2011.

1. CaloWSL

CaloWSL Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8imQspcrtRM"]Wing Chun Real Defence : Calogero Zaffuto - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZ45d-_W2w&feature=related"]Wing Chun Real Defence : Carmelo Zaffuto - YouTube[/ame]

2. Kid Moe

Kid Moe Peace that don't belong

Rand, this time I will go and get the beer... You organize some snacks... This should be fun... :happy:

3. icefield

icefield Valued Member

at the risk of repeating myself..........

anyone wanting to know why CLF is given more respect than wing chun, please watch these clips

Oh and why on earth were they wearing gloves if they werent going to make any contact ?

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Hands up if you know where this is going.

*hands up*

5. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Why is one guy going fast while the other is paralyzed?

6. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

7. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Looks like Fred Harris

9. Hannibal

Oh, and it is crap too......

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

11. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Yeah they shouldn't need to wear gloves. Chi Sao is a sensitivity drill and you can hit people gently at the top of the sternum instead.
    The sheer number of things wrong Wing Chun-wise with that video I'm not even going to start on. There are many.

12. Hannibal

Fixed! the WC technicalities are the least of the problems

13. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

And those problems are many.

I don't like bashing a style, but to be honest, a lot of the practitioners attitude, non-existent skill, political infighting, delusions, etc.. aren't helping at all with the reputation of it :(

14. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Actually if the technical problems were fixed I wouldn't have a problem with it (besides the unnecessary gloves). Chi Sao is a sensitivity drill like push hands in tai chi. Heck even light rolling on the mat in BJJ is sort of similar (although I would say it's closer to actual grappling than Chi Sao is to sparring).

The mistake is when people both inside and outside the art mistake things like Chi Sao to be sparring and that's not what it is. No one will Chi Sao with you in real life, or pak da, or lap da. It's for learning certain techniques and sensitivity to your partner's movement in close range combat.

15. Hannibal

I do hubud regularly as well as clinch and body tackle drills. I teach sumbrada, numerada and countless others - I know exactly what chi sao and similar drills are designed to achieve.

This is just absolute drizzling turd; it is not chi sao or a drill or even a flawed technique.... it is just very, very bad martial arts

16. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Yeah, this guy needs to go back to basics. Like I said. I could take a while to describe all the things wrong with his technique. I've seen better chi sao from people who've been doing Wing Chun for a week.

Although I noticed the vid didn't refer to him as a sifu even though that's what the vid and the t-shirts seemed to imply :rolleyes: Maybe he's just a really bad student.

And actually I kind of forgot about the people who just stopped reacting... I figured they were new students and just had no idea what to do.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  17. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I actually quite like Wing Chun, but videos such as this do not do it justice :(

The body-structure of the practitioners is way out - at several points we can see the main guy lifting his chin up and forward, which is just asking for a good smack on the jaw. Also, leaning backwards as advancing forward, completely destroys any potential power generation that a half decent practitioner might produce.

A shame :(