YouTube tags to embed videos? Why not at MAP?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by slipthejab, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

With YouTube and other video sites playing a very large part in forums and their conversations these days... how hard would it be for MAP to add YouTube tags to the VB code so that the YouTube links could be embedded? :confused:

If I recall there are ways this can be done so that the video is embedded but the YouTube servers still handle the bandwidth load.... or something like that. Bascially... adding a functionality without adding a whole lot of bandwidth drain on MAP's servers.

The reason I ask is that several other forums I'm on now all sport YouTube tags in their VB code so that people may view videos posted on MAP... here at MAP without being brought to another web page.

Just curious.

2. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

A good one that does like slipthejab is saying is passive Vid

Works for;
    1. YouTube
    2. Google Video
    3. MySpace Video
    4. MetaCafe Video
    5. Yahoo Video v1.0.1
    6. Koreus Video v1.0.1
    7. Sapo Video v1.0.1
    8. video.google.co.uk v1.0.2
    9. Live Leak v1.0.2
    10. Photobucket v1.0.3
    11. Gametrailers v1.0.3

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

As far as I'm concerned (and its Saz and me that do most of the upgrade work), vBulletin modifications for this site are on hold apart from any repairs we need to get done. Simple reason for that is vB3.7 will be released in beta soon and it will save a load of work.

However, I'll have a look at it, discuss it with Saz sometime and it may be added to our list of modifications to do for the future.

Note though that just because I've said this doesn't mean you will see it done any time soon thanks to the joys of vBulletin versions, Saz working and my being a full time student which explains why we are still on vB3.0.x when vB3.6.x is the latest stable version.

Cheers for the suggestion though :)

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Because your drunk most of the time? ;) :p

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

No, because I have a shed-load of assignments to get done, plus finding my industrial placement for next year.

Been too long since I had alcohol. Going to have to open the Bushmills when I get in from the lab this evening :D

6. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Provided it's not that awful Newcastle Brown Stuff :D

7. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Oi!!! Newcastle Brown is the best ale ever brewed! EVER! :D

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  8. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

No tisn't, it's Budweiser: the King of Beers, or that's what I was told by the guy running the bar at the pub I went to, solely because it had a 39% market share in the UK, that meant it was a fantastically great beer :eek:
    I couldn't stop laughing at his story :D

9. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

You do realise Budweiser is just bottled urine from bums they dragged in off the street right?

10. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

:D
    But of course, he couldn't understand whay I laughed and wanted something else

11. Topher

Topher allo!

qft

12. slipthejab

Someone forgot to tell that to the Brits in Hong Kong who drink and order it by name as if it was something exotic. :D

13. Topher

Topher allo!

Anyone who drinks Budweiser is an embarrassment to men everywhere, British or otherwise. :D :woo:

14. slipthejab

What's nuts is that it's one of the most expensive beers at the bar here. Go figure.:bang:

15. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Well, it has a 39% market share, so that means it's good and they can charge what they like

16. slipthejab

what? Please tell you didn't just say that it was good because they had market share.:rolleyes:

Starbucks has market share... that doesn't mean it's good.
    McDonalds has market share that doesn't mean it's good.
    I'm sure there are a ton of other examples.

17. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

If you read my post about that, that's what I was told by a bar tender when I said why were they serving the crappiest American bere here, there were so many better choices, he said it had a 39% market share so that meant Budweiser was a really great beer:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.