Yours, Ours or Theirs...which Generals Uniforms do you like???

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Ki_Power, Sep 20, 2011.

?

Which Generals Uniforms do you like?

1. Kuk Sool Won Generals Uniforms are my favorite!

31.8%
  2. Kuk Sool of California & Kuk Sool of San Diego Generals Uniforms are my choice!

4.5%
  3. I never liked the Generals Uniforms!!!

45.5%
  4. I haven no opinion...

18.2%
  1. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

What I want to know, Pugil, is why on earth are you still holding on to such a relic? I gave away my jang-gung dobok like that years ago (and if I still had it, it probably wouldn't fit - so can you still wear yours?). :D

2. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

I guess I'm a bit of a hoarder Unk. I hang onto all sorts of junk - just in case it comes in handy one day! ;) I could probably still get in it, at a bit of a squeeze perhaps. I currently weigh a few pounds more than I did, but not hugely so - as you well know!

3. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

I have noticed a rash of Kuk Sool won uniforms and items up for sale on ebay in the last year or so. :hat:

4. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

A rash! They bring you out in a rash? ;)

5. kuksool_keith

kuksool_keith Valued Member

Pugil- would you be willing to sell your old style dobok?

6. kuksool_keith

I personally don't like your Generals. I think the bottom panels look overbig and to be honest, just look a cheap version of the WKSA ones. please don't take this as an insult or anything other than my personal opinion.....each to there own.

not a fan of the pink, the idea and concept was maybe good but the while point is unification is it not? I do however enjoy wearing my General, gives you a sense of extra pride I think.

7. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

Overbig... They are supposed to be bigger (longer). More of a traditional look.

Cheap? Well, I have original Generals Uniforms from the WKSA - and the ones I have are made of higher quality fabrics and are made by a master tailor who even finishes the insides of the uniform...so, I can guarantee you, they are not cheap in construction, nor do they look cheap. In fact, when standing next to the WKSA uniform - it is the opposite.

no insult. I know many do not like the pink and the other aspects...but I have photos of Kuk Sool Masters (Women) in tradition uniforms with fur and other ornamentation that are female specific (in Korea)...so...

I just never liked wearing the "mini skirt" generals uniform from the won.

8. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

it goes well with the pink fans... :evil:

9. kuksool_keith

i take all your points on boards SBN. does the longer panels not hinder your movements more? specially doing sword or staff?

just not keen on the double coloured panels for certain ranks but i am used to WKSA ones so that maybe why.

10. kuksool_keith

i have also seen the Blue generals uniform. i will find it a post it.

11. kuksool_keith

[​IMG]

hopefully this will show you the Blue generals

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  12. kuksool_keith

how do i upload links? not worked? have found the Blue general uniform

13. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

I just use the insert image button (yellow square with a mountain and sun)...

14. JKN-Pellegrini

JKN-Pellegrini Valued Member

I've never cared for the General uniforms. Although I appreciate the concepts and tradition behind them, and understand the strips represent ancient armor, etc., those just look like skirts to me, mini or otherwise. I don't much care for the yellow frill on the regular black belt uniform either. I do like the instructor uniforms; they look much sharper than my old uniform on which I had to sew on the patches :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  15. kuksool_keith

16. Maggie

Maggie Valued Member

I stabbed my sword through a panel during competition. Awkward.

17. CriticalDog

CriticalDog Valued Member

Better than a 2nd degree I knew who stabbed his foot doing the Inverted sword form at a Demo. Awkward....