Your worst TV show

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mrs Radcliffe, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Mrs Radcliffe

Mrs Radcliffe Armstrong Angel

Since there is a best tv show thread i thought i would balance it out with this thread.Mine are
    The new Robin Hood {on bbc 1}
    CSI New York
    Emmerdale
    Coronation Street
    Anything with Greame Norton {apart from father ted}

2. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

I don't pay a lot of attention to shows that I don't like, but one that my wife used to watch that I couldn't stand:

Medium

3. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

For a bit of controversy, Lost. Watched a few and hated it.

4. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Totally with you there. I can't for the life of me figure out what all the fuss is about.

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

British Soap Operas - all of them! Either old women shouting at each other or vacant bottle blondes shreiking at each other. Not my cup of tea.

The new Dr Who - How the fkkk did they ruin a tried and tested formula so badly? By turning it into an awful camp sitcom, for a start.

Little Britain - repetitive, tasteless, unfunny. Poor quality TV.

The Catherine Tate Show - see above.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  6. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

It's harder to make a thread about bad TV shows than bad movies, because bad TV programs tend to get hooked before people even realize they're there.

7. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Soaps (Coronation, Eastenders, etc.)
    Reality shows about families with screaming kids.

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

ER, so fake it makes me want to barf.

Any telenova or something on the CW network.

9. inokichi

inokichi Murse

Any medical-based drama, especially Holby City and Casualty. They really are so full of complete gibberish that they're ridiculous.

This does NOT include Scrubs however, which is only guilty of being absolutely hilarious and completely awesome. :)

10. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Any reality tv, celeb reality tv, docu-soaps, lifestyle programs...

There is really so much trash on tv these days...

James

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

All soaps, whats the point?

12. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

13. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I really like the movie "Highlander" - it's a shame that every single sequel and spin-off sucked so massively!

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

'Friends' - the most totally unfunny comedy series ever made.

'ER' - it's just Hill Street Blues set in a hospital. Half as good as 'Casualty', but with probably ten times the budget.

'They think it's all over' - the whole 'New Lad' phenomenom made me want to puke.

'The Good Life' - why are they repeating this garbage? It was awful in the 1970's, and it sure as hell hasn't improved with age.

Anything presented by Bill Oddie.

Anything presented by Tony Robinson.

Programs about other programs. (e.g. 'Big Brother's Little Brother', 'Strictly Come Dancing Take Two'.)

Spin-offs from successful comedies, but built around one of the most unfunny characters from the original. (e.g. 'Tony' from 'Taxi', 'Frasier' from 'Cheers'.)

May God have mercy on my soul, but I actually watched the first few minutes of the Charlotte Church show the other week. For sheer cringe-making awfulness it would take some beating. As Charlotte tried to tell some 'topical jokes', the camera kept switching to her studio guests, who sat there looking alternately appalled and embarrassed. It was so bad that it nearly managed to be funny after all.

15. acrux

acrux vi et animo

All Reality TV programs are ****e, police & medical dramas, plus soaps

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Deal Or No Deal. I'm sorry but that plain sucks. Just open your own box and save everyone 44mins from a 45min show.

I felt embarrased FOR this one contestant who she states had a formula on the probablilities of the contents of each box and was constantly writing gibberish on the piece of paper (had pie charts and everything).....while the old bloke who is one pint short of a binge chooses the box cos "She looks a bit like me old dear"

17. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Deal or No Deal makes me feel embarrassed to be human. Sometimes I just can't believe how stupid people are.

18. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Absolutely Fabulous. I despise Jennifer Saunders & crew.

19. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Any and all infomercials but epecially that one that's on every time I turn my tv on. You know the one where the guy has a book with organic cures for every thing but he can't say what they are or he'll get arrested :confused:

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

AND it resurrected the career of Noel Edmonds,which is never a good thing!

THe whole swapping people who are polar opposites in formats such as Wife Swap ,Holiday Swap,Obnoxious kids high on e numbers and going to die before they are 25 swap etc etc.

This is why I don't watch much tv! Grrrrrr! :woo: