your training schedule

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Ikken Hisatsu, May 25, 2005.

1. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

Infrazael....

Yeah, it really was. But as noted at the end of that post, I didn't EXACTLY follow that schedule because it was too rigorous to maintain. I will say that it is a safe assumption that I did a minimum of 80% of that regimen each week, however. And occassionally, I *was* able to perform the entire week as written. (but never 2 weeks in a row)

Even so, following that training schedule, my record last year was 2-2-1 with 1 KO. But I won when it counted because I brought home 2 title belts last year (to add to the one I had already won back in 1994)

I don't believe that my training schedule was the most efficient. I think that in some areas of my training, I was overworking myself, and neglecting other portions of my training. I really need to sit down and review what I did and my results with my coaches to determine what needs to be "tweaked" before I begin training for the ring again.

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah thats one intense schedule khun khao... its a fine line between training hard and over training. Well done on winning more belts btw, when do we get one of those pictures of you standing there covered in belts ;)

3. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

I am (sorta) steadfastly refusing that picture..... for now. There are a couple of reasons.

1. I'm very dissatisfied with the way in which I won my 2nd title belt last year (3rd overall). Long story, but in many ways I don't feel I deserved the belt. Technically? "YES!" But as a fighter? "NO!".

2. I kinda feel that its a Karma thing. Being all proud and posing with my belts for pics just seems to cheapen things a bit. But the reason I feel this way refers back to reason #1. I would almost feel "dirty" posing with that 3rd belt. (by the way, there are pics of me posing with my first 2 belts, I'll dig one out for you guys)

3. I've gotten fat again. It wouldn't make for a very good pic. LOFL!!!!!!

4. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

Pic of me and Renzo Gracie (this one is for the coolness factor!)

[​IMG]

Me posing solo....

[​IMG]

I do not have any pic's of me with my 3rd belt for the previously posted reasons.

5. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

[​IMG]

Had to repost the pic from above b/c I inadvertently broke the link. Silly me....

6. K1Mike

K1Mike New Member

Khun Kao, that schedule you posted... is your training for a fight schedule? I was under the impression that you should cut out lifting weights at least a week before a fight, if not two.