your least favorite bands and why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by southern jester, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I heard McFly say in an interview once "we all listen to punk music but as a band we're a pop band"

2. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

Well i don't know about McFly, but i do know that busted said at the start they were the english blink 182... which they're not...atall..and thankfully they're no longer hurting peoples ears!

3. Ghoul

Ghoul your newest role model

...im amazed, i only put my comment up for afew minutes before changing my mind and deleting, and in that time you read it and replied ... lucky you quoted it otherwise it would look like you were just replying to yourself.

its pretty hard to find real hardcore punk bands now a days, espercally since everything has to go through corperate music making machine.

but yeah its pretty easy to spot this current wave of "emo-pop-punk" that the machine is churning out at the moment, with each just as bland and uninspired as the next, and i know i already said MCR, but i'd also add panic at the disco, fallout boy, boykillboy, the automatic, madina lake ...maybe im just being self rigtious, but there just all bad...

4. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

Heh like lightning me! [quoting again incase you decide to delete and make me look silly ;)] But yeh i understand what you mean, a wilhelm scream have that nice non coorperate feel about them i love. Panic at the disco Hmmmmmmm i like 1 song but i dont even know the title lol. Fallout boy i do enjoy the music, but then again i like a lot of everything :D

Theres some bands i look at and straight away think oh my word i dislike them, be that because the musics band or not im not sure sometimes...

I notice no ones said 'taking back sunday' which i heard BEFORE all the huge fame! thanks to a friend who already listened to them lol. but yeh they're sorta like them but better imo. :D

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

The phrase pop punk just tickled me, that's all! There's an ocean of difference between them :)

6. ReeceLightning

ReeceLightning Valued Member

i saw cat the dog about a week ago at the cockpit in leeds didn't like them thought they were a bit boring really and when they finished the lead singer hit his guitar on the floor of the stage and they tipped some drums over, just seemed a bit desperate lol

www.myspace.com/catthedog

more people turned up for my friends band who were supporting them too
    they were better :)

7. *Magesty*

*Magesty* Valued Member

Lol i remember going to see taking back sunday as i like a few songs and Hellogoodbye were supporting them. They were litterally hello and goodbye:

People were chucking bottles etc. around and they were going onto the stage. The lead singer got hit with a bottle top and was going:

"Thats not nice the temple is a very sensitive spot" and moaning then he walked off after about 2 songs ... lmao :D

8. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

Theres not really much difference to be honest :p

Theres lots of different ways of describing punk, anti-establishment for example comes to mind. Though really punk music is fast drumming and dare i say it simple guitar and bass.

Thinking about the sex pistols, they were picked up off the streets and just formed the band with a manager who just did it to make it happen. They really couldn't play atall, but people loved it.

Punk was always about being unique and different, especially punk fashion, but they all dressed pretty much the same, now that always 'tickled me' :p

9. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

Lil Jon sucks too. He doesn't even rap, he just shouts catch phrases.

10. hamihaha

hamihaha New Member

Favorite artist, Tété (French singer)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrFqKYJz0KA"]YouTube[/ame]

11. L3vity

L3vity Resident poet

Any mainstream pop or punk. The Fray, Greenday, nickelback, the all-american rejects, etc.

Although I have to say, I do love it when, in American Idiot, the lyrics say something like "a nation controlled by the media". Irony much?

12. Moosey

To be fair, Green Day have worked their way up from the bottom. You may not like their music, but they've always been a pop punk band and have got where they are through constant hard work.

13. hamihaha

hamihaha New Member

14. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Not sure if you post was meant to be sarcastic/ironic... but this guy is great.:)
    Thanks for the tip.

Here's another vid of his that's got a great tune:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCq7PWjT5s&mode=related&search="]YouTube[/ame]

and one more live that is smooooooooooth. Nice talent on singing and playing.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIDSMFYMhTM&mode=related&search="]YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  15. Moosey

James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed James Blunt must be destroyed

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yes he should yes he should yes he should yes he should yes he should yes he should yes he should yes he should maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed
    maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed maroon 5 should also be destroyed.

17. hamihaha

hamihaha New Member

Sorry, I misunderstood the thread title...
    That's one of my favorite singer indeed.
    I met him!

18. andysparx

andysparx Valued Member

you know, this thread is just annoying.

Why do people have to endlessly slag of and label music? every type of music influinces other types. Listen to modern hip hop. you can often hear rock, dance jazz all sorts in there. same applies for most stuff.

and so what if a band makes it big? surely the aim of being a musician is for people to hear, and like it. SO what does it matter if a band becomes big, and a load of 15 year olds start liking it. its still music.
    In my opinion every song, has good points. i dont care ifit annoys me, the reason its probably annoying me is because it has a catchy lyriic or beat.

And 50 cent is a great hip hop artist, i love his chart hits, they great, and his earlier stuff is grea. he doesnt lie about who he is or what he's trying to do.

rant over.i could go on forever though

oh - and in general, the music i'd least like to listen to is motown and jazz. But i can stillunderstand its good music.

19. Moosey

The thing that people don't like is when a band make it big and then change what made them outstanding in the first place in order to try and fit in with what's currently popular. It happens all the time - a band start off playing morris-dancing-hip-hop-metal and everyone says "wow that's really new and different, I wanna buy their records". Then they get big and say "OK, we want to keep earning this kind of money, what can we do? Yeah, let's play emo pop-punk!"